As Tulane students, we are #blessed to have such a wide variety of mouth-watering food options all day, erryday. Since we’re so spoiled with NOLA cooking, when we go on break it’s very common to experience extreme withdrawal as soon as our flights take off from MSY.

Leaving school, whether it’s 5 days over Thanksgiving, 3 weeks over Christmas, or 3 WHOLE MONTHS of summer can be very difficult. It’s never easy to say goodbye to the people, places, and most importantly the foods that we have come to know and love.

1. Camellia Grill’s Mac & Cheese Bites

Tulane

Photo by Rachel Weil

You just can’t find comfort food like this anywhere else. Camellia Grill is one of the most quintessential diners in New Orleans, and these Mac & Cheese bites will prove it. They are crispy on the outside and perfectly cheesy on the inside, which will make you order a second basket before you pay the bill.

2. Chargrilled Oysters at Superior Seafood

Tulane

Photo courtesy of deepsouthmag.com

You should thank Louisiana for the most flavorful seafood dishes in the US. In particular, Superior Seafood has some of the best oysters in the Big Easy, and it’s only a short streetcar ride away. Their chargrilled oysters are combined with parmesan and romano cheese, garlic, herbs, most importantly, butter – we’re already drooling.

3. Brisket Taco at The Rum House

Tulane

Photo by Rachel Weil

Rum House tacos are the kind that people crave for DAYS, but the brisket one definitely takes the taco cake. It’s perfectly crunchy, juicy, and spicy – nothing a “little” fishbowl can’t handle though.

4. The Company Burger at The Company Burger

Tulane

Photo courtesy of @nolafoodgals on Instagram

There’s a reason this burger was named after the restaurant. Or was the restaurant named after the burger? The world may never know.

5. Kim Chi Fries at Ba Chi

Tulane

Photo by Harlie Cohen

If you live in New Orleans and aren’t pho-king obsessed with Vietnamese food yet, these kim chi fries will change that. As if these fries weren’t a good enough reason to go to Ba Chi, it’s also BYOB and walking distance from Tulane’s campus. Plus their pho, and other noodle dishes are to die for.

6. Turkey Sandwich at Satsuma

Tulane

Photo by Rachel Weil

All Tulane students are obsessed with Satsuma. Whether you eat at Satsuma once a month or every other day, this turkey sandwich on ciabatta with pesto aioli, provolone, roasted red pepper, and arugula gets better every time. Scout’s honor.

7. Anything from District Donuts

Tulane

Photo by Gillian Bayer

Eating at District is an experience. Their flavors are absolutely ridiculous, and every single donut you try will leave you begging for another insane flavor. Check out this article to discover what your horoscope says about your District order.