Picture this, ladies—you’re getting ready to go out and you slip on a dress that fit you perfectly in the store, but now it’s either a little too loose or too tight on your lady lumps.

boobs

The size of your breasts can fluctuate for a number of reasons, food being one of them. It all has to do with how much estrogen you have available in your body. So, depending on whether you want to blow up or downsize, try modifying your intake of these estrogen-enhancing foods.

*Disclaimer: I have not tried this at home. Yet.

1. Milk

boobs

Photo by Stephanie Lee

Fun fact: estrogen, progesterone and prolactin determine breast size in all mammals. Whether or not the cow whose milk you’re drinking was treated with growth hormones, those naturally occurring reproductive hormones are present in all dairy products.

2. Green Vegetables

boobs

Photo by Tarika Narain

Greens, particularly alfalfa sprouts, tend to be high in phyto-estrogens, which come from plants and are structured similarly to estrogen, giving them similar breast enhancing effects. Vegetables can also be effective in reducing the amount of testosterone a woman produces, allowing for a higher production of estrogen.

3. Fennel

boobs

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

Herbs contain high amounts of phyto-estrogens and prolactin, stimulating breast growth and milk production, and fennel is said to be “one of the best herbs for natural breast enhancement.”

4. Beer

boobs

Photo by Lauren Thiersch

Hops are mostly used for preserving and flavoring beer, but, similar to fennel, they also contain high amounts of phyto-estrogens and prolactin. I’ll be conducting my own at-home experiment to test the validity of this one—in the name of science, of course.

5. Seeds

boobs

Photo by Natalie Choy

Flaxseeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds—they aren’t just for birds anymore. Seeds are trendy as hell and really good for you, not to mention they’ll naturally increase your estrogen levels and enhance breast growth.

6. Protein

boobs

Photo by Emily Waples

A must for a bigger bust. Protein helps tissue growth, which is necessary if you’re trying to increase your breast size. They’re also the “basic building blocks of hormones,” which essentially control the size and function of your breasts.

7. Soy

boobs

Photo by Katie Walsh

Soy products contain “estrogen-like nutrients” that can affect the hormone levels in your body, encouraging breast growth. They also contain nutrients that can help fight free radicals and cancer cells—just another reason to hop on the tofu train.

Big boobs aren’t everything, but these articles are: