Depending on where you’re from, it could go by jungle juice, hooch, fadorade, spodie, hunch punch, or something else entirely. Whatever you call it, it’s a dangerously sweet mix of fruit, juice, vodka, and shame... usually poured from a 5-gallon Gatorade cooler, or sometimes scooped from a trash can. Ah, college.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate how jungle juice does its job quickly without breaking the bank. However, it can get old as quickly as it can convince you that you can dance like Rihanna. Maybe it’s time to fill your red solo cups with something different. 

These seven recipes sound fancy, but they require the same amount of time to throw together as jungle juice. Your friends will thank you for switching things up and so will your stomach. Even better, each recipe uses 5 ingredients or less (not including ice) and can fill 24-30 cups.

1. Kentucky Tea

If you like Arnold Palmer, you’ll love this mix of iced tea, lemonade, honey whiskey, and orange. It’s refreshing, delicious, and super easy to throw together.

-1 gallon iced tea

-1 gallon lemonade

-1 750mL bottle honey whiskey

-Orange slices

-Ice

2. Margaritas

Photo by Brian Jones via Unsplash

Nothing says summer quite like a cold margarita on a hot day. Why not spread that summertime feeling by making this simple drink in bulk? To take your margarita to the next level, try infusing your tequila to create a totally different flavor.

-2 cups lime Cointreau or Triple Sec

-1 cup lime juice

-1 70mL bottle silver tequila

-Salt (to rim cups)

-Ice

3. Sangria

Photo by Frank Zhang on Unsplash

Probably the closest thing on this list to jungle juice, sangria combines fruit slices with wine, Prosecco, and juice to create a triple threat worth trying. Feel free to experiment with different wine and fruit combos, because there are thousands of great recipes out there.

-1 750 mL bottle red wine

-3 or more cups fruit slices (lime, lemon, orange) and berries

-1/2 cup gin or triple sec

-4 cups ginger ale

-1/2 cup orange juice

4. Summer Beer

This is basically a bigger version of a summer shandy. The combination of lemonade and beer is sure to please even the most loyal craft beer drinker. Plus, adding slices of citrus makes it look even better. 

#SpoonTip: Cheap beer will do just fine, friend.

-3 12-oz cans of frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed

-4 1/2 cups vodka

-3 16-oz cans of beer

-Ice

5. Kalimotxo

This one may have the most complicated name on the list, but it’s actually the most simple to make. Wine, cola, and lemon might sound like a strange trio, but it’s a traditional drink in Spain for a reason. Don’t knock it before you try it.

-1 1/2 liters cola (4 12-oz bottles)

-1 1/2 liters red wine

-1/3 cup lemon juice

6. Moscow Mule

Photo by Kelly Visel on Unsplash

Ginger beer (which is totally different than ginger ale) has been gaining popularity lately and for good reason. Jump on the bandwagon with this big-batch version of the classic Moscow Mule cocktail.

-6 16-oz bottles ginger beer

-9 cups (72 oz) vodka

-2 1/2 cups lime juice

#SpoonTip: Add the ginger beer right before serving to keep it bubbly.

7. Malibu Bay Breeze

The name fits this drink so perfectly that I don’t feel like I can describe it any better. Simply put, this drink is best served on the beach with a side of throwback jams of the 2000s.

-Equal parts orange juice, cranberry juice, and Malibu rum

Enjoy responsibly!