If you celebrate Easter, you probably know the traditions that accompany it every year. As a college student, traditions are something to cherish. Traditions remind us of what it is like to be a child again, so that’s why we’ve gathered the seven Easter traditions that every college student looks forward to.

1. Going home

Easter traditions

There is a special feeling that comes when one gets to go home in college. It is a break from all the craziness, and a time to rest and be with the people you love.

2. Eating a home-cooked meal

Easter traditions

Photo courtesy of @sundaytimesfood on Instagram

A good home-cooked meal is a rarity in college. On Easter the whole family tends to gather together for a big feast, second only to Thanksgiving. From Grandma’s mashed potatoes to the baked ham, this meal is one college students look forward to for weeks.

3. Dressing nice… for once

Easter traditions

In college, one can fall into the trend of only wearing Nike shorts and a t-shirt every day. On Easter, you get the excuse to put on your “Sunday best” and feel fabulous.

4. Cookie decorating

Easter traditions

Photo courtesy of @partywithlenzo on Instagram

Decorating cookies can be a good stress reliever for students. Plus, who doesn’t like to eat the icing while decorating?

5. Getting an Easter basket filled with candy

Easter traditions

Parents still love to surprise their kids with an Easter basket even though they are now adults. Whether at home or away at college, most students can expect a little surprise from their parents on Easter. Though you may be trying to get that perfect beach body, a little splurge for some Easter candy isn’t that bad, right?

6. Over-indulging in whatever you gave up for Lent

Easter traditions

Photo courtesy of theverge.com

Lent is a time where some Christians give something up from Ash Wednesday until Easter out of reverence and respect for God. Sweets is a typical thing that people give up, which makes Girl Scout Cookie season dreadful. If you gave up sweets for Lent, you know the drill—make like Morgan Freeman at the Oscars and steal those cookies.

7. Half-priced candy after Easter

Easter traditions

Photo by Natalie Craig

Finally, if you don’t celebrate Easter or weren’t able to connect with any of the traditions above, there is still one more that students look forward to—buying half-priced candy after Easter. Indulge yourself in peeps and chocolate bunnies because this only happens once a year.