College: the place you go to get away from home only to realize that you miss home. You miss your own bed, the convenience of a private shower, and most of all, free and endless food.

Before friendly texts from Mom and Dad were the primary mode of communication for college students, there was the ever-so-personal care package. Care packages can contain useful items, such as blankets, socks, or extra shampoo; however, they can also be the primary mode of receiving the best gift of all: food.

And let’s be real here, “package ready for pick-up” emails are so much better than “Netflix and chill” texts. Here are the 7 care packages you will receive before you graduate college.

1. The “Miss You Already” Package

care packages

Photo by Kay Kay Chan

This package usually arrives after the first week of college. It has writing from loved ones on the flaps, cute stationary with heartfelt sentiments, and homemade baked goods (yummy).

2. The “Make New Friends” Package

care packages

Photo by Kay Kay Chan

This one is for when you’re a freshman. You get a box full of your favorite shareable foods and your loved ones tell that you should “share” the food with other people. While it’s hard to resist eating the big container of Oreos by yourself, it’s a great way to meet other people.

3. The “Sorry You’re Sick” Package

care packages

Photo by Kay Kay Chan

If you are sadly struck with the Plague during the first few months of school, you probably know all about this package. You tell Mom and Dad you’re sick, and the next thing you know you have tea, Airborne, and Halls cough drops coming your way.

4. Holiday-Themed Box

care packages

Photo by Kay Kay Chan

Who says you can’t celebrate and decorate your dorm for your favorite holidays? From Halloween to Christmas to Valentine’s Day, there’s nothing like a themed box to get you into a festive mood.

5. Birthday Package

care packages

Photo by Kay Kay Chan

If your birthday is celebrated while you’re home for the holidays, congratulations. But if you celebrate your day during the school year, a birthday package containing gifts and goodies (or cake and flowers) can make your day of birth much better.

6. Packages From Friends

care packages

Photo by Kay Kay Chan

Not all the best packages are ones from home; friends can send other friends care packages. Nothing compares to receiving a letter from your best friend and swag from their college. It makes the distance between you and him or her seem less sad.

7. The “Prime Pantry Has Failed Us” Package, Or Your Care Package To Yourself

care packages

Photo by Kay Kay Chan

If you are frequent user of Amazon Prime’s Pantry program, you know the struggle of trying to find your common items (water?) or your guilty pleasures (peanut butter m&m’s??). When you finally do get your guilty pleasures, you burst into your happy dance and snack the night away.