While peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are a classic, these two complementary condiments stuck between two drab loaves of whole wheat bread can get a little monotonous. It’s peanut butter jelly time, but it’s also time to mix it up.

We’ll start with English muffins. I’ve never been a huge fan of them, but there’s something about their limited edition cranberry ones that make my stomach rumble. Slap a bit of good ol’ PB&J on them and you’re good to go.

peanut butter and jelly

Photo by April Purvis

Sure, you could douse your waffles in syrup. But you could also use them to encase your afternoon delight (hey now, I’m still talking about peanut butter and jelly). If you spread the peanut butter into the top and bottom waffle, the peanut butter will diffuse into each block. Now, use the jelly to hold it all together! Goodbye Aunt Jemima, hello brown bag favorite.

peanut butter and jelly

Photo by April Purvis

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, so why not incorporate one into your meal? Now pat yourself on the back for good health and longevity!

peanut butter and jelly

Photo by Nicole Goldfarb

If Nutella is doing it, you can too. Grab a chocolate bar, break it in half, and spread peanut butter across its milky rich surface. That’s right. Chocolate. So good you almost forgot to add the jelly. But it’s okay because you just remembered that raspberry truffles are delicious, so pull out a jar of raspberry preserves and go to town.

peanut butter and jelly

Photo by Nicole Goldfarb

Saltine me, baby. This version is the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and sticky.

peanut butter and jelly

Photo by Nicole Goldfarb

That last visit to Chipotle had me wanting to add a little bit of south of the border to everything, including my peanut butter and jelly sandwi– I mean, burritos. Next time your loaf of bread is too stale, roll your PB&J up in a tortilla. Me gusta mucho.

peanut butter and jelly

Photo by Nicole Goldfarb

If we’re still talking tortillas, save one for another day and instead of going burrito-style, make it a pizza. Lightly toast a tortilla and lay it flat, substitute peanut butter for tomato sauce and replace cheese with jelly. Voilà!

And if all else fails, you can always just open your silverware drawer and save some effort by going straight to the source–just a SPOON full of peanut butter and jelly helps the medicine go down?