What’s better than the beach? Drinking on the beach, obviously. Anyone who’s seen more than an episode of Jersey Shore knows that sometimes, alcohol + sun = disaster, but no worries – follow this guide, and you’re sure to have the classiest darty possible.

Prepare

daydrinking

Daydrinking is a marathon, so get ready to test your limits. Like running an actual race, hydration and carbo-loading are key. Stay ahead of the competition by planning in advance, and prep some healthy drunk eats to bring with you on your journey of inebriation.

Drink canned wine

daydrinking

Photo courtesy of industrypdx.com

It’s literally impossible to be anything but classy when you’re drinking rosé. Make it poolside friendly by buying your wine canned – no corkscrew, no problem.

Hydrate

daydrinking

Photo by Nooreen Ismail

Avoid that horrible developing-a-hangover-while-awake feeling by gulping H2O on the reg. Keep up your #classy image by sipping on water infused with fresh fruit or eating some of these hydrating foods.

Put it in a fancy glass

daydrinking

Prefer chugging beer to sipping a mimosa? We won’t judge. Pour your beverage of choice into a fancy glass (we recommend a champagne flute), and no one will be the wiser.

Make it a picnic

daydrinking

Photo courtesy of foodandwinechickie.com

Your childhood picnic is about to get a major upgrade. Adult-ify by spiking your Arnold Palmer, soaking your watermelon in some alc, or simply bringing along a bottle of the good stuff.

Use the Buddy System

daydrinking

When your friend’s dance moves get a little out of hand, it’s time to play mom. The ultimate girl code is saving your friends from drunken embarrassment, amirite?

There’s no way to go wrong while daydrinking, because a little darty never killed nobody, but be sure to keep it classy, kids.