Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day. Many people say that breakfast should be the heaviest meal of the day, whereas others disagree. Indians, however are known to be a very huge foodie community. Here are a few dishes that Indian people all over the world love to eat as breakfast.

1. Chole Bhature

Chole Bhature is a very important dish in the Indian community. It can be eaten at any time of the day, but is most preferred as breakfast. It is available as a street food or at a fine dining restaurant. It is a combination of two dishes, one is the chole— spicy chickpeas—and the other is fried Indian bread, called bhatura.

2. Parantha

Indian breakfast is never complete without paranthas. Paranthas come with a variety of stuffings, like potato, paneer (cottage cheese), cauliflower, radish, onion, and many more. Paranthas are best enjoyed with butter, curd, or pickle.

3. Sambar Vada

It is again a combination of two dishes. Sambar is a spicy and sour curry with different vegetables, whereas Vada is a fried Indian donut. Sambar Vada is an authentic South Indian dish that is famous all over the world. People generally love eating it with coconut, garlic, or mint chutney.

4. Poha

Poha, also known as flattened rice, is a very important part of cuisines belonging to states of Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh. It is cooked with mostly onion and potato mixed in different spices, and sometimes more vegetables.  

5. Aloo Poori

Aloo Poori is a famous Punjabi breakfast. It is a combination of spicy potato curry paired with a puffed, deep fried Indian bread. It is also known as Poori Bhaji in some parts of India.

6. Idli Sambar

Idli Sambar is a very important and famous dish of Southern India. A combination of two dishes served together with coconut chutney, idli is generally prepared with a batter of rice or semolina (suji), and sambar is a spicy and sour curry with lots of different vegetables and curry leaves.