After the long, painstaking winter and seemingly endless routine of classes and work, it’s finally time to kick your feet up and just relax. Whether you’re on some sandy beach in a tropical paradise or at home wishing you were, there is still a much-needed relief that comes from the blessing that is summer. This year, why not try something different to cool off while keeping on the spirit of the warm weather that’s finally making an appearance.

1. Alcoholic Pineapple

As one of the most tropical fruits, the pineapple has earned its place as a must have fruit for spring break. As every college student knows, the one thing to make pineapple even better is by adding some alcohol to it, and why not the most tropical one? This extremely simple recipe takes only a minute and can be enjoyed by nearly anyone. The sweet taste of fresh pineapple soaked in coconut liqueur (think Malibu Rum) creates a boozy fruit that basically places you on the beaches of Cancun.

photo by tastespotting.com

2. Frosty Mexican Bulldog Margarita

Corona beer has made a name for itself as the beer to drink when lounging on the beach. Take a simple, well-loved drink and bring it to the next level by making it into a margarita. Don’t be intimidated by the name, this easy to make cocktail will bring out the classiest beach goer in anyone.

photo by Jerry James Stone

3. Coconut Watermelon Margarita

The thought of watermelons brings to mind the idea of childhood picnics and sun. This is a perfect thing to look forward to as the days get longer and the sun gets hotter. These fun childhood memories can be made into an even better spring break memory with a few simple steps. Whether or not you decide to drink this at a picnic is entirely up to you.  But either way, you’ll be happy you tried this refreshing mix of childhood memories and adult privilege.

photo by cakesundertheinfluence.com

4. S’more Pudding Shots

A tell tale sign that summer is on its way is late night campfires and the roasting of marshmallows to make s’mores. These little bites of fluff and chocolate have long been a fun and easy snack. Therefore, making s’mores into an alcoholic drink should be no different. Much like real s’mores, this shot oozes chocolate goodness. And thanks to flavored alcohol, you can add that marshmallow taste that reminds you of when you first made the snack as a kid. Bring in summer and treat yourself with the most defining snack of the season in its most mature form.

photo by mybakingaddiction.com

5. Skittle Bombs

One of the hardest parts of drinking alcohol is dealing with the bitter taste and after taste of taking a shot of liquor. With the sweet taste of skittles, this problem can quickly be solved (responsibly of course). By using the candy as a way to infuse the alcohol, you can not only greatly improve the taste, but also add color to your drink this summer. Although this particular drink takes a little bit longer than the others, it proves well worth it and can last for a much longer period of time. So raise your glass and taste the rainbow in a new and exciting way.

photo by chicweddingfavors.com

6. Swedish Fish Jell-O Shots

As yet another way to call on your childhood snacks, these jell-o shots require minimal effort and fun results. With a mixture of Pinnacle’s interesting flavors of vodka along with cheap and easy ingredients, you can quickly recreate your favorite gummy candy with an interesting twist. While you sit on the beach and watch the fish swimming in the ocean, enjoy your own fish in a way that you couldn’t before.

photo by ericasweettooth.com