Here at Spoon PSU we’ve been #determined to expand our spoonie horizons and add more people to our chapter. More people = more food = more love. We brainstormed until we came to the simple, and rather obvious conclusion that people love cookies– especially free cookies. While manning the free cookie table I encountered a lot of different kinds of people, but specifically…

1. The high school senior (+ parents)

cookies

Photo courtesy of trifoodies.com

This kid is like the deluxe s’mores cookie. The innocent high schooler tries to “play it cool” but then realizes their parents following them have 15+ brochures and decide playing it cool isn’t an option. Kid, you catch people’s eyes – just like this mouth-watering s’mores cookie. Embrace it!

2. The Starbucks employee

cookies

Photo by Katherine Baker

“Why are you at our table and not making a frappuccino?” may be your initial reaction to the runaway barista, but then you realize you have 70+ cookies to giveaway so you’re thankful for their presence. Sure the barista could get the Starbucks version of the double chocolate chip cookie, but a free cookie is obviously better than a discounted cookie.

3. The “can I take some for my friends?”

cookies

Photo by Armin Nayak

M&M’s are perfect to share with friends, even though you’d rather eat them all for yourself – that’s why the “can I take some for my friends” person matches perfectly with the M&M cookie. This person *somewhat* has the intention to share with friends, but let’s be real, their friends won’t be eating the cookie.

4. The truly interested one

cookies

Photo by Amanda Shulman

A sugar cookie is simple, a lot could be added to it, but we love it the way it is. This person doesn’t know much about Spoon yet but has interest. Just like a sugar cookie, this person is already pretty great, but with a few new skills (or toppings) we can help the interested people take your their foodie knowledge to a whole new level!

5. The “throwing away the flyer” person

cookies

Photo by Ta Lei

Oatmeal Raisin. It’s a cookie, so that’s good, but it’s also made of oatmeal and raisins. We still like this person and we’re thankful for their willingness to stop by, but why, why, WHY would one throw away our flyer at the trashcan in front of us?! We understand everyone wants a free cookie, we would want one too, but can’t a person have the decency to choose a trashcan that isn’t directly in front of us? Plus, this person picked the flyer (raisins)…shoulda went for the stickers (chocolate chips) or pens (M&M’s).

6. The one who feels #blessed

cookies

Photo by Jessica Kelly

This person may have had a rough day, and that’s why they need the OG (aka the chocolate chip cookie). Have you ever seen a person unhappy to find a chocolate chip cookie? I can only speak for myself, but I don’t think it’s possible to eat a cookie and be sad. Any human being will leave feeling #blessed after a warm and gooey chocolate chip cookie.

7. The person from another club

cookies

Photo courtesy of candacelately.com

Just like a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie. We all have our preferences. Not everyone loves white chocolate, and not everyone loves nuts, but those who do are die-hard fans. We support ya!

8. Your own friend

cookies

Photo by Audrey Mirabito

Similar as to how peanut butter is a go-to, so is your friend. Your friend is always there to support you when you need it most. When you’re dragging, peanut butter knows how to get you back on your feet just like your friend would.

9. The one who hopes to blend in

cookies

Photo by Emma Delaney

Even though this person tries to be subtle, we all see them. A snickerdoodle isn’t too much flavor, but it’s just enough to be noticed. Don’t be afraid to stand out, we’re happy you’re here!

10. The one who doesn’t get a cookie

cookies

My heart breaks for this person. You can detect the desire for a cookie in their eyes, but instead of stopping they pass right by. Why do these people resist the urge? Well, it’s because their friend group is mean. This single cookie-craving person’s desire is overridden by the three others in the group who are pretending they don’t want a cookie. DON’T STOP YOUR FRIEND FROM GETTING A COOKIE. Please and thank you.

11. The double-take

cookies

Photo by Armin Nayak

A double chocolate mint cookie. Wait. Mint?! Double chocolate mint? That’s right! Initially, these types of people thought no cookie…then they caught sight of them…then they smelled them…then they passed them and immediately regretted it, so they turned around and fell victim. Just like one might not realize the mint in the double chocolate mint at first, one also might not realize how intriguing a cookie is until walking past.

Also, we want to give a HUGE shoutout to Insomnia Cookies for providing our chapter with dozens and dozens of cookies to help us promote ourselves! Without these mouth-watering and aesthetically pleasing cookies our table wouldn’t have been nearly as bumpin’. Tbh, Insomnia is the real MVP here.