Monmouth County, New Jersey is a place with a ton of pride. Pride in our area code, pride in our towns, pride in our beaches, and of course, pride in our AMAZING eating establishments.

When it comes to food, we know what we’re doing. Thin crust pizzas, stuffed bagel sandwiches, perfectly cooked fish, decadently sweet ice cream. Monmouth County has all of these and way, way more. And you should make it your mission to try them all.

1. Pete & Elda’s

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Often hailed for having some of the best pizza in the state, Pete & Elda’s is a must-try in Monmouth County. The thin crust pizza is thin and crispy with just the perfect amount of crunch.

2. Meemom’s

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

If you want to have dessert for breakfast, head to Meemom’s. Some of the outrageously decadent dessert options include cookie dough-stuffed French toast, banana split waffles, and cinnamon bun pancakes.

3. Playa Bowls

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

For a meal that’s fresh, healthy, and super satisfying, take a trip to Playa Bowls. These smoothie bowls come in four different flavors, and are topped with pretty much whatever healthy goodies you could possibly want.

4. Casa Comida

Monmouth County

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Casa Comida offers Mexican food that is unique and delicious. Try a steak fajita chimichanga or a duck quesadilla special. And don’t forget to check out the extensive list of tequilas.

5. Broad Street Dough Co.

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Broad Street Dough Co. is the doughnut stop in Monmouth County. These doughnuts are unlike any other doughnuts you’ve probably ever encountered, and that’s definitely a good thing. Get ready to indulge.

6. Rook Coffee

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

The coffee at Rook comes from all over the world and is roasted onsite at each Jersey location. The focus is on quality and freshness, and you can taste it in every sip. We highly reccommend ordering your coffee New Orleans Style.

7. Windmill

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Sometimes you just really need some cheese fries and a good hot dog. And that’s when you head to Windmill. The food tastes like summer and your childhood, so who cares if it’s not great for your beach bod.

8. Delicious Orchards

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Anyone who’s ever been knows that Delicious Orchards is much more than a market. The homemade foods and drinks are Monmouth County staples. If you take a trip there, make sure to try an apple cider doughnut.

9. Yumi

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

For some seriously great sushi, head to Yumi in Sea Bright. The fish is always fresh and flavorful, and they offer some epic speciality rolls. The Ocean Avenue and the Rumson Roll are our favorites.

10. Hoffman’s Ice Cream & Yogurt

Monmouth County

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Hoffman’s is an ice cream institution, all homemade and all delicious. Some of the tempting flavors include Fudge Mint Cookie, Sea Salt Caramel Latte, and Peanut Butter Nugget. Try the Octopus Challenge if you’re feeling ambitious.

11. Porta Pizzeria

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

At Porta, you can get breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Everything is good at this versatile restaurants, but our favorite menu items are the pizzas. Try a Spring Betty or a 14.5; you won’t be dissapointed.

12. Amy’s Omelette House

Monmouth County

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Just as the name suggests, Amy’s Omelette House makes a damn good omelette. The menu is practically a novel, allowing you to build the omelette of your dreams. And if omelettes aren’t your thing, you might have to settle for some decadent Nutella-stuffed French toast or caramel apple pancakes.

13. Jersey Freeze

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

For awesome burgers and fries and epic ice cream, head to Jersey Freeze. There’s a dessert side and a dinner side to the restaurant, and we certainly won’t judge if you skip right to the famous soft-serve ice cream.

14. Peking Pavillion

Monmouth County

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

The Peking Pavillion is the place to go for some seriously delicious Chinese food. Whether your thing is dumplings, fried rice, sesame chicken, or all of the above, you will definitely leave feeling full and satisfied.

15. The Turning Point

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Breakfasts and brunches at the Turning Point are always a good time. The menu is extensive, and you can’t really choose anything that’s bad. In the wintertime, make sure to order a s’mores hot chocolate.

16. Surf Taco

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Tacos and the beach are pretty much the perfect combination, which is exactly why Surf Taco is so popular. The guacamole is always fresh, and the salsa bar never disappoints.

17. The Committed Pig

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

If you cheat on your diet, you want it to be worth it. And everything on the menu at the Committed Pig is worth it. Indulge in a cookie dough pancakes, a baked brie burger, or some red velvet fried Oreos.

18. Seed To Sprout

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Healthy eating doesn’t have to suck. And Seed To Sprout proves that. The salad bowls and rice bowls are fan favorites. The restaurant also sells homemade juices and offers cooking classes.

19. Sweet Lew’s Cafe

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Sweet Lew’s is a local favorite for breakfast and lunch. This cozy cafe is always a good choice because the food is consistently amazing. Try a frittata or a wrap. And remember that it’s cash only!

20. Strollo’s Lighthouse

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

No summer is complete without a trip, or twenty, to Strollo’s Lighthouse. There are tons of Italian ice flavors to choose from, and there’s always a custard flavor of the day. Rainbow sprinkles or a hard chocolate shell complete any ice cream order.

21. My Kitchen Witch Cafe

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

For guilt free food with a homestyle feel, My Kitchen Witch Cafe is the place to go. The Wizard of Oz theme at this little restaurant is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. And so are the homemade biscuits and fresh strawberry butter.

22. Undici

Monmouth County

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Undici has been hailed for having some of the best Italian food in Monmouth County. And we don’t disagree. It’s exponentially better than the plain old spaghetti and meatballs in marinara that you’re probably used to.

23. Via 45

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Via 45 is an exciting and unique dining experience. This cozy restaurant feels like the inside of a home, and the menu is constantly evolving based on what foods are available and in season.

24. Federici’s

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

There are four different restaurants owned by the Federici family in Monmouth County. Federici’s is known for its friendly service and awesome food, especially the extra-crispy thin crust pizzas.

25. Toast

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

As you can probably guess from the name, Toast specializes in tasty breakfast and brunch. The best way to start your day? Almond Joy pancakes. Or red velvet. Or carrot cake.

26. Niko’s Trapezi Greek Tavern

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

For authentic and delicious Greek food in Monmouth County, head to Niko’s. The hummus and grape leaves are constantly raved about, as are the main dishes.

27. The Scone Pony

Monmouth County

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

The name Scone Pony is a clever play on the Stone Pony, a popular music venue in Asbury Park. And this bakery has, as you can probably guess, some seriously great scones. In addition to all their other awesome baked goods, of course.

28. Inkwell Coffeehouse

Monmouth County

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Next time you’re craving coffee or ice cream or a grilled cheese at 1 am, head to the Inkwell. This coffee shop is open until 3 am, and it’s an extremely popular hangout spot. Make sure to order a Dutch.

29. All Seasons Diner

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

No food tour of Monmouth County would be complete without a trip to a diner. Our recommendation? The All Seasons Diner. Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or something between, you’ll find something good to eat.

30. Drew’s Bayshore Bistro

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Drew’s is one of Monmouth County’s hidden gems. The food is inspired by the cuisines of the Gulf Coast and the Low Country, and everything is cooked and seasoned to perfection.

31. Sea Bright Fish Company

Monmouth County

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

For a great crab cake or lobster, check out Sea Bright Fish Company. It’s right by the beach, and everything is always super fresh. Tastes like summer.

32. Brennan’s Steakhouse

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Brennen’s Steakhouse is a must-try for hungry carnivores and steak-lovers. No matter what your favorite cut of meat is, Brennen’s will do it and do it right. Try yours Pittsburgh style.

33. Coney Waffle

Monmouth County

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

For a true sugary indulgence, Coney Waffle is a must. The epic milkshakes rival those at Black Tap. Plus, there are crazy waffle sundaes and cereal ice cream sandwiches.

34. Ocean Cafe

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Amazing wraps, salads, bowls, and sandwiches await you at the Ocean Cafe. This is the perfect place to go for a meal that’s light and healthy but totally filling.

35. Whipped Creperie

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Some of the crepes at Whipped Creperie are savory, and some are sweet. But all of them are outrageously tasty. Try a spicy buffalo chicken crepe or a banana split crepe.

36. Restaurant Nicholas

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Next time you’re feeling fancy, make a reservation for dinner at Restaurant Nicholas. This four star restaurant excels at everything from pastas to steaks to soufflés, and everything in between.

37. Bagel Nook

Monmouth County

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Bagels are a staple of any Jersey diet. And Bagel Nook makes some superb ones. These aren’t your run-of-the-mill bagels, though. Grab an Oreo bagel, a French toast bagel, or maybe even a rainbow bagel.

38. Catch Red Bank

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

The fresh seafood concept at Catch Red Bank perfectly embodies Monmouth County’s shores. The raw bar is delicious. And we highly recommend the poppy-crusted tuna.

39. Fins

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Fins is the best place to go for tropicali cuisine. Enjoy burritos, fish tacos, quesadillas, and even more. And you gotta try the guac.

40. D’jeet

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

We’re still not 100% how to say the name, but we do know that D’jeet is absolutely delicious. This restaurant is farm fresh, and it prides itself on having natural and local ingredients.

41. Suzi’s Sweet Shoppe

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Suzi’s Sweet Shoppe specializes in homemade candies and chocolates. Your dentist may not love, but we know you will. Truffles, fudge, and chocolate-covered strawberries? Yes, please.

42. El Meson

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Another great place for Mexican food is El Meson. The burritos and enchiladas are served under mountains of perfectly melty cheese, and everything is just the right amount of spicy.

43. Dish

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Dish is known for its eclectic and seasonal menus. It’s constantly praised for its unique dishes like stout-braised short ribs, maple sweet potato mash, and chili lime salmon.

44. Ragin Cajun

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

When you’re in Monmouth County and you start craving Cajun food, you head to Ragin Cajun. Come here to get your fix of jambalaya, paella, blackened catfish, and more.

45. Nelly’s Pizza

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

If you’ve never heard of a “fat sandwich,” you need to go to Nelly’s immediately. Get a sandwich filled with cheeseburgers, fries, chicken fingers, cheesesteak, etc. This is the drunchie you’ve always dreamed about.

46. The Flaky Tart

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

The Flaky Tart is a must-try bakery. They’ve got all the classic goods, along with a whole host of delicious, original creations, like the chocolate kiss macaroon. And, of course, they have the flakiest croissants.

47. Vic’s Bar & Italian Restaurant

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Great pizzas and other Italian delicacies await you at Vic’s Italian Restaurant. Classic and delicious food that might even be better than your grandma’s.

48. The Court Jester

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Go to the Court Jester for the bar foods that you know and love. There are juicy burgers, crispy fries, spicy wings, loaded nachos, and of course, cold beer.

49. Little Szechuan

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Little Szechuan has some fantastic Chinese food, constantly hailed as some of the best in the county. Our favorite dish is the shrimp dumplings.

50. Bagelmasters

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Bagelmasters provides customers with the classic bagel experience. This is where you go to try a pork roll, egg, and cheese. Trust us, you will not be disappointed.