Whether you live in Cleveland or you're just visiting the championship city, I've rounded up the best grub to get for all you gourmands, locavores, and just plain old food lovers (like me). Find out just 50 of the best places to eat in Cleveland. This list is in no particular order and restaurants are in both the city of Cleveland and the greater Cleveland area.

1. Tommy's Restaurant

Tommy's is perfect for the friend group that can never decide where to eat. Vegans and vegetarians have plenty of options, including their falafel, that will have even the strictest of carnivores drooling. Tommy's is also one of the oldest restaurants in Cleveland, so that's pretty cool too.

2. East Coast Custard

A photo posted by CLEfoodies (@clefoodies) on

East Coast Custard is an absolute must have, especially after a hot summer day in the Land. The retro storefront calls out to your inner child and so will the custard. Plus, it's custard so it's good for you, right?

3. Fat Cats

If you're looking for a global plate that's locally sourced, Fat Cats is exactly that place. Despite the lack of overweight felines, each dish will leave you begging for seconds and wondering what exactly that one spice was. 

4. Great Lakes Brewing Company

If you're looking for some hometown brews, Great Lakes is worth the visit (their Christmas Ale is particularly tantalizing). The best part about this brewery is that everything is made and distributed from Cleveland and most of their beers have local stories behind them, including my favorite, Edmund Fitzgerald.  

5. Pour Cleveland

The perfect alternative to Starbucks, Pour Cleveland is a multi-roaster coffee and espresso bar. They offer Clevelanders a wide variety of ever-changing drinks as well as locally made pastries. The best part? They source their coffee responsibly. Bonus: they opened their doors as Gilmore Girls' Luke's Diner for a day.

6. Noodlecat

Classic and quick ramen is the specialty at Noodlecat. With a make-your-own-bowl option as well as some of the staff's favorites, it's easy to get caught up in all the options. 

7. Le Petit Triangle

A photo posted by Jay Gullion (@jaygullion) on

Perfect for a Sunday brunch and a stroll around Ohio City, this little French restaurant will fulfill all of your crepe needs. Their creme brûlée is to die for, and make sure to peep their absolutely massive jars of Nutella.

8. Vero Pizzeria & Gelato

A photo posted by alex (@humdrumblus) on

This little pizzeria is located in one of the hippest parts of town. The pizza is phenomenal and you can do carry-out or stay in their super sweet and homey restaurant. For dessert, you can look forward to some house made gelato. Yum!

9. The Coffee House

There's nothing like a warm cup of coffee with an excellent view. The patio of this coffee shop looks out over to the Cleveland Botanical Garden. In the winter, the inside is just as cozy and cute.

#SpoonTip: The Ghirardelli hot chocolate and peanut butter cookies are killer.

10. Momocho

This creative cantina's menu boasts a variety of Mexican dishes with a modern flair to them. In addition to their trendy restaurant, they also have a bar closer to downtown. 

11. The Black Pig

A photo posted by The Black Pig (@blackpigcle) on

This restaurant is perfect for the local French foodie. Also located in Ohio City, it's the perfect place to stop for an evening of wining and dining. For dessert, try their crepe cake, and don't forget to have your Snapchat camera ready.

12. Sweet Moses

A photo posted by pew (@pew_216) on

This old school soda fountain serves the most amazing homemade ice cream, doesn't matter if it's in sundae or milkshake form. They even add a pretzel twist onto each spoon. Their brownies are also out of this world.

13. M Italian

A classic restaurant in Chagrin Falls, M Italian has some of the best Italian food in the area. The flatbreads are some of my favorites, and their happy hour is killer. Make sure to get a Sicilian Mule, you won't regret it.  

14. Bier Markt & Bar Cento

Make sure to grab a slice of pizza from this gem of a restaurant. Voted best pizza in Ohio by the Food Network, it won't disappoint. While there, make sure to check out the extensive list of beers available. They range from Belgium to German to American brews. Oh, and they also have a weekend brunch.

15. Mabel's BBQ

A photo posted by East 4th Street (@e4thst) on

Mabel's BBQ brings a bit of the south up north, but puts a spin on traditional BBQ. The restaurant takes no reservations and plays off that laid-back vibe with communal picnic tables. 

16. The Treehouse

A photo posted by CLEseats (@cleseats) on

One of Cleveland's favorite Irish pubs, The Treehouse has been a standard watering hole in the heart of Tremont. A trip isn't complete without a perfectly poured pint of Guinness and one of those yummy pretzels.

17. B Spot

A photo posted by @letsdinecleveland on

B Spot has a few locations in an around the Cleveland area. One of Michael Symon's restaurants, its the burgers are fabulous. For pickle lovers, be sure to hit up the pickle bar for an extra treat. 

18. The Popcorn Shop

A photo posted by CLEeats (@cleeats) on

One of the most famous landmarks in tiny Chagrin Falls, The Popcorn Shop has some of the best ice cream around as well as any flavor popcorn you can think of. This year, they even dropped a huge popcorn ball on New Year's Eve. 

19. Chinato

Chinato is perhaps one of the most inclusive Italian restaurants in Cleveland. The restaurant belongs to chef and restaurateur Zack Bruell and has become one of his many successful restaurants. Located on East Fourth Street, it's the perfect place for a view of the city and some wonderful food.

20. Ohio City Burritos 

A photo posted by Jen (@iheartcle) on

Ohio City Burrito is known as the funky-fresh burrito shop just a few blocks from West Side Market. Their Silver Bullet burrito wrapping method ensures that burritos are good for on-the-go and are wrapped tightly enough that nothing yummy escapes.

21. Alley Cat Oyster Bar

Another Zack Bruell restaurant, Alley Cat Oyster Bar is located on the Flats East Bank. In an effort to revamp the Flats, this restaurant is serving up seafood like no other place in Cleveland. While they serve primarily fantastic traditional seafood, there is something for everyone here. 

22. The Blue Door Cafe & Bakery

Located in Cuyahoga Falls, the low-key Blue Door Cafe serves not only yummy pastries, but also a full menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Customers rave about their brunch options, so make sure to experience what's behind their blue door.

23. Piccadilly Artisan Creamery 

Picadilly is a self-serve frozen yogurt joint. They are know for their super fresh and organic ingredients. Nearly all of their flavors are also vegan-friendly. In their creamery locations, customers can combine the liquid ice cream with toppings of their choice and then the mixologist dumps everything into a mixer, adds some liquid nitrogen, and mixes until an ice cream is formed. 

24. Toast

A photo posted by jmorona (@jmorona) on

Toast follows the seasons of Cleveland to make their menu as fresh as possible. Obviously, their toast dishes are too die for, but really anything on their menu is fabulous for a Sunday brunch.

25. Choolaah Indian BBQ

If you're looking for some of the best Indian BBQ food around, Choolaah is the place to find it. Super quick and delicious, the Tikka Masala with lamb is the perfect meal. The best part is, you can watch chefs make it right in front of you, and some of their ingredients come straight from Ohio Amish Country.

26. Mia Bella

A photo posted by Thrillist (@thrillist) on

For a fancy evening in Cleveland's Little Italy, head straight to Mia Bella. Their long list of wines will please any wine snob. Every now and then, lobster ravioli is their daily special and it's to die for.

27. The Oak Barrel

The Oak Barrel features delicious farm-to-table food. The restaurant is absolutely gorgeous inside. It's the perfect place for a date night meal with a trip to the movie theater that's right next door. 

28. Flipside

A photo posted by Sara (@sweetdashofsass) on

Flipside has a few locations in the area and some in Columbus too. The burgers are phenomenal. Check out their special burger if they have one, it's always something that'll knock your socks off.  Otherwise, go for the One Red Door Burger, my fave. 

29. Presti's Bakery

Presti's Bakery is a must if you're headed through Little Italy. Their pastries are out of this world. You can never go wrong with one of their classic cannolis. 

30. Barrio

After a long week, Barrio is the perfect place for that Friday happy hour. You can build your own tacos or pick a few off the menu. Either way, they're sure to be delicious. Oh, and half-off margs, yes please!

31. West Side Market

A photo posted by Alex Mazzurco (@almazzurco) on

While it may not be a restaurant, per say, West Side Market is one of the most popular food spots in the city. You can buy everything from crepes to gyros to cannolis to apple fritters. You'll never be disappointed.

32. Honey Hut

Honey Hut is the place to go when you're looking for hard ice cream. They do have soft serve, but trust me, you'll want one of their peanut butter sundaes on a hot summer day. Or in winter. Really, it's good anytime of the year. 

33. The Market Garden Brewery

If you're looking for a fresh pint, Market Garden Brewery is the way to go. Their flavor twists are refreshing and delicious. Head there now though! Rumor has it, they're switching from beer production to milk production. What??

34. Tree Country Bistro

Nestled away in Coventry Village, Tree Country has some of the best sushi around. It's the perfect place to stop for a bite after doing some shopping. If you're in the mood for a quick snack, try the edamame or the crab rangoon, two of my favorites.

35. Pura Vida 

A photo posted by Matt Zack (@matthewrzack) on

If you want to check out the renovated Public Square, head to Pura Vida for a bite to eat right in the heart of it all. With more of a cafe menu, Pura Vida offers options for all of your vegetarian and vegan friends. They also have innovative cocktails and a great view of the city. 

36. Angelo's Pizza

If you're looking for some classic pizza, there's no better place to go than Angelo's. You'll never go back to Domino's after having one of their perfect slices. A perfect place for those Friday night cravings. 

37. Noce Gourmet Pizza

Noce has a huge variety of pizzas to pick from, and you can be sure every single choice will be delicious. The sell by the slice or by the full pie, but either way you're going to want a second piece. 

38. Mitchell's Ice Cream

Mitchell's is a Cleveland classic. They have so many flavors to choose from, it always takes me a while to pick. For some excellent ice cream, Mitchell's is always a go-to for my family, especially after a summer baseball game. 

39. Great Bear Mountain Pie

A photo posted by Lyssa (@spechtacles) on

If you're not so into camping in the great outdoors, but you still love a good s'more or hot dog, you'll love Great Bear Mountain Pie. They serve some of the best pie iron sandwiches for the "indoor camper."

40. Parallax

Delicious Asian fusion food can be hard to find, but if you're in Cleveland look no further than Parallax. They have a menu full of Asian-inspired dishes and a full sushi menu that's much fancier than your local takeout hotspot. 

41. The Flying Fig

A photo posted by Flying Fig (@theflyingfig) on

The Flying Fig sources all of their food locally and serves some of the best new American food around. Their patio is fantastic in the summer and their brunch menu is perfect for Sundays. 

42. Dairy King

Dairy King is a little bit like Dairy Queen, only 10 times better. The ice cream is creamier, the sprinkles are more colorful, and the cones are fresh off the press. Plus, why not support a local business over a chain?

43. Fat Head's Brewery

Fat Head's is another one of the local breweries. You can find their beer around the state and even in other parts of the country, but nothing beats drinking it directly from the source. My favorite brew is the Bumble Berry Honey Blueberry Ale. 

44. The Greenhouse Tavern

A photo posted by @rebecca__joan on

Not only does The Greenhouse Tavern have some of the best views of the city, but it's also one of the most popular places to get great American food like burgers and fries and the famous Canadian poutine. Yum!

45. Barroco Grill  

A photo posted by @barrocogrill on

If you're looking for some yummy Columbian food, head to Barroco for their specialty arepas. They're stuffed white hominy corn pockets that are grilled, all in house. With amazing flavors and different dishes, it's definitely the place to go for a new experience. 

46. Lola Bistro

Lola is another one of Michael Symon's restaurants. While he's know for his amazing burgers, this restaurant is a step up on the date night scale. It's also in a prime location downtown with a great view of the city. 

47. Yours Truly

You can never go wrong with an all-American diner. Yours Truly is the place to go for milkshakes and their famous Notso Fries, a plate full of cottage fries with a ton of gooey cheese on top plus bacon. If you're from Ohio, you'll definitely want ranch on the side. 

48. Dynomite

Burgers and sushi may seem like a weird combination, but not at Dynomite. This is another one of Zack Bruell's restaurants. Each of the amazing burgers here is named after another one his restaurants. The sushi is fun and creative and always tastes good. 

49. Brasa Grill Steakhouse

With all-you-can-eat carved meats, Brasa is the best place to go when you're on the lookout for an amazing Brazilian meal. It's one of the only restaurants of its kind in the Cleveland area.

50. Slyman's Deli

Wondering where to go for St. Patrick's day? Slyman's is the best place in Cleveland to get a huge corned beef sandwich. With a large selection of beers and—most importantly—Guiness, you won't regret coming here. 

Traveling around the state? Check out some of the best places to eat in Cincinnati and Columbus while you're at it.