Italians are some of the friendliest people on the face of this planet. They're also incredibly smart when it comes to weeding out fake Italian food from real Italian food. You can talk with an Italian about their unique takes on food, but you might also want to learn what weird things only Italians do with their food.

cream, ice cream, ice
Emma Spring

1. Italians peel the skins off of all of their fruits and veggies.

pepper, carrot, tomato, vegetable
Christin Urso

While it's understandable that not all people like the skin on their fruits and veggies. On the other hand, to just remove it all on every single fruit and veggie that is known to mankind before consuming it is just flat out odd.

2. Italians don't mess with eggs for breakfast since they know they deserve much better.

dairy product, sweet, deviled eggs, egg, cream, milk
Caroline Alexander

Although eggs are known to have protein in them and provide energy, Italians take a L and get straight to their coffee, which is more often than not accompanied by a pastry.

3. They also stick to drinking a cappuccino in the morning.

mocha, milk, espresso, cappuccino, coffee
Amy Cho

While most Americans are in need of caffeine at almost all times, Italians stick to having it in the mornings before noon. So, with that being said, if you're ever in Italy and order a cappuccino at 11:55am, you have four to five minutes to drink it all. 

4. Italians don't put ketchup in their pasta.

basil, tomato, vegetable, spaghetti, pasta, sauce
Shalayne Pulia

While both tomato sauce and ketchup both have the same main ingredient of tomato in them, why would anyone want to put a french fry condiment on their beautiful pasta? 

5. Wine and bread are always served with every single meal.

beer, toast, alcohol, champagne, wine
Jaime Wilson

No questions and doubts are allowed at this commandment. Why, you ask? Bread is an essential carb that everyone loves. Also, there's wine. Who doesn't love wine?