If you saw the word “coffee” in the title and clicked on this article, then we know that you’re a hardcore coffee lover. It’s people like us who are basically zombies until we get our morning coffee and drink more than two times a day. At this point, my mother has started calling me a coffee addict.

But I know that I’m not alone in this. Are you tired of people telling you that you drink too much coffee too? Don’t worry, fellow coffee addicts. I’m actually about to give you a few reasons for drinking more coffee. As good as coffee smells or as wired as coffee keeps you, it also has some health benefits that will make you love coffee even more.

addict

1. Coffee is good for your liver

addict

Research suggests that drinking coffee protects your liver from diseases like cancer, fibrosis and cirrhosis. Various studies show that people who drink coffee everyday are less likely to develop these kind of liver diseases.

2. Caffeine increases your performance levels while working out

addict

Have you noticed that you have more energy to work out if you drink coffee before working out? Well, its all going to make sense now. Caffeine increases the adrenaline levels in your body and it releases fatty acids, which leads to better physical performance levels.

3. Coffee increases your metabolism

addict

Studies show that caffeine increases your metabolism by 3% to 11%. It increases fat burn and very few chemicals have this function.

4. Coffee prevents dementia and Alzheimer’s

addict

Several studies have shown that coffee drinkers are up to 65% less likely to get Alzheimer’s disease, which is a leading cause of dementia.

5. Coffee can help you live a longer and healthier life

addict

GIF courtesy of Giphy.com

Coffee contains lots of antioxidants that help the body fight chemicals called “free radicals.” As a result, coffee drinkers are at a lower risk of diseases such as type II diabetes, suicide and heart disease. Also, studies show that coffee drinkers are also less likely to have unhealthy habits such as smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol heavily, and eating red meat.

If you ever hear someone calling you out on your coffee habits, you actually have a list of reasons to give them and tell them that why coffee is amazing. Because remember, there is NO such thing as too much coffee. You can thank me later.

addict