European truffles are one of the most expensive (and most delicious) foods in the entire world. With white truffles costing between $2,000 and $3,000 a pound, it is clear that they are probably not in any college student’s budget.

If you can’t casually drop $500 on, like, two baby truffles, don’t worry. Cozy up to truffle oil and truffle salt; they can easily be found online, at gourmet food stores or even places like HomeGoods. Truffle oil and truffle salt provide that authentic truffle taste without having you blow through your entire wallet and college savings account.

Ball on a budget with these recipes that will leave your wallet and taste buds happy and everyone thinking you’re one classy betch.

1. Eggs + Truffle Oil

Truffles

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Add truffle oil to plain scrambled eggs or to your egg white, spinach, mushroom and cheese omelet. While actual truffles are usually shaved onto eggs, improvise by sprinkling your eggs with truffle salt or drizzle with some oil and dig in.  Just remember, the flavor will be very strong, so make sure not to overdo it.

2. Truffle Salt + Popcorn

Truffles

Photo by Alina Polishuk

Spice up some plain popcorn with a sprinkle of truffle salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and oregano.  Not only is it much healthier than microwave popcorn, but the truffle salt adds a new dimension of flavor that will leave you eating every last kernel; #noshame.

3.  Sautéed Mushrooms + Truffle Oil

Truffles

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Mushrooms and truffles are simply a match made in heaven. Sauté some mushrooms with garlic, drizzle with truffle oil and put it on chicken, toast or anything you can think of. I’m pretty sure this would even taste good on the bottom of a shoe.

4.  Potatoes + Truffle Oil (and parmesan)

Truffles

Photo by Gabriella Fletcher

In any restaurant, parmesan truffle fries can easily cost you $7 or $8. This is a pretty penny if you ask me since you can get a decent bottle of truffle oil for $10 to $15. Slice a potato into strips, sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper and bake for 20 minutes. While they’re still warm, drizzle with truffle oil, sprinkle with real parmesan cheese and you’ll be in truffle heaven.

5. Truffle Oil + Pizza

Truffles

Photo by Max Bartick

Just a slight drizzle over your favorite pizza adds a huge depth of flavor. While I put it on any type of pizza, I have been told it tastes best on white pizza with mushrooms. But you do you.