Everyone knows that antsy and excited feeling of finishing your last exam before spring break and wanting to just let it all loose for the whole next week (I mean, I definitely do). But you shouldn’t let all that raging bring you back to school even more tired and run down than you were before break. Here are five tips to ensure you can both party and feel rested!

1. Stay Hydrated

spring break

Photo by Rebecca Block

Whether you are drinking, lying in the sun or just hanging out indoors, it’s important to make sure that you stay hydrated. Drinking enough water will replenish all the fluids you lose every day just from breathing, skin evaporation and more. It’s also the number one way to steer clear of hangovers the next day or that same night, if you started early. Add a lemon to cleanse your liver, make you feel less bloated and keep your skin refreshed.

2. Boost Your Immune System

spring break

Photo By Becky Hughes

Partying for a week straight has to do a number on your body. Make sure you come back healthy by boosting your immune system during and after spring break. Eat some fruits high in vitamin C, especially strawberries (which actually have more vitamin C than oranges). If all else fails, drink some Emergen-C for a quick pick-me-up.

3. Exercise

spring break

Photo Courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons — Ms. Phoenix

Don’t let all your hard work on your beach bod go to waste – especially since summer is just right around the corner. Make sure you stay active whether it’s in the gym or outdoors. As an added plus, exercise is supposed to make you feel more energized and happy!

4. Eat Your Veggies

spring break

Photo by Santina Renzi

Spring break is no excuse to eat all the most fattening and greasy foods. Those foods can also slow you down, making you ache and feel sluggish. Try to squeeze in some fresh veggies in replace of all that tempting fried food.

5. Relax

spring break

Photo Courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons — Logan Ingalls

Though it may be fun to constantly hang out and keep every day of break really busy, it’s important to try to catch some zzzzs and set apart a little time for yourself. Before you know it, you’ll be back in the hustle and bustle of school and homework.

For some more spring break tips: