Cranberries are the quintessential holiday fruit: they are tart, vibrantly colored and extremely versatile in their use. However, you don’t have to wait until the holidays to enjoy them. Eat cranberries year round with these 5 simple and tasty dishes.

1. Cranberry Salad

Make your salad even healthier by adding cranberries to it. Cranberries have a high nutrient and antioxidant content that can reduce signs of aging — we know you’re so worried about staying young.

Ways to Use Cranberries

Photo by Naib Mian

2. Cranberry Brownies

It’s easy for the rich chocolate flavor of brownies to mask that of its toppings, but this isn’t the case for the potent cranberry. Cranberries are a great addition to this classic dessert, for their tartness complements the sweetness of chocolate perfectly. Their bright red color also adds a fun pop of color.

Ways to Use Cranberries

Photo by Naib Mian

3. Cranberry Oatmeal

Oatmeal can be bland when eaten alone, but cranberries instantly provide some sweetness. Since they are naturally sweet, adding additional sugar to oatmeal is not necessary.

Ways to Use Cranberries

Photo by Naib Mian

4. Cranberry Pasta Salad

Add a fruity twist to a savory dish by tossing cranberries into a pasta salad. These berries provide an interesting, chewy texture to the otherwise soft and simple dish.

Ways to Use Cranberries

Photo by Naib Mian

5. Chicken with Cranberry Sauce

What better time of the year to stock up on cranberry sauce? Top the sauce on grilled chicken, baked ham or turkey (of course). The fruit and meat combination is sensational to the taste buds.

Ways to Use Cranberries

Photo by Naib Mian