If you live on the East Coast, you most likely know of the bright orange and pink sign flashing a "DD" at you. America may run on Dunkin’ Donuts, but there are certain things that can have any employee run away from you.

Here's what you should know to never do at Dunkin'.

1. Expecting a "Starbucks experience."

coffee, wine, beer
Alison Weissbrot

The aims for Dunkin’ Donuts and Starbucks are very different. Starbucks is meant to be a more chill atmosphere. The reason why Dunkin’ is so bright and fluorescent is to wake people up in the morning. Dunkin’ is meant to be a place to grab a quick coffee, not order some highly specialized drink that you can post on Instagram.

2. Comparing the doughnuts to any other brand.

muffin, sprinkles, sweetmeat, cookie, cream, goody, pastry, candy, cake, sweet, chocolate
Hana Brannigan

We know – Dunkin’ Donuts doesn’t have the best doughnuts, but they satisfy what they’re made for. Proclaiming how much better Krispy Kreme doughnuts are won’t do anything.

3. Being specific about the Munchkin amounts.

There are two amounts of the infamous Munchkins, 25 or 50. If you want to mix the Munchkin flavors, fine. But if you’re planning to ask for 7 cinnamon, 3 jelly, 6 powdered, 8 sprinkled, and 1 chocolate… Please don’t. Make the job of the employee easier by going by fives or tens.

4. Asking if there are more doughnuts "in the back."

Dunkin’ runs out of doughnuts often. Since they’re not made in the store, the stock of them may not always be full. Don’t ask if there are more in the back. An employee wouldn’t hide doughnuts away. The second truck of doughnuts will come eventually so just be patient.

5. Requesting free doughnuts at the end of the day.

Yes, Dunkin’ throws away all of the unused food at the end of the day. It is wasteful, but don’t try to take complete advantage of it. Plenty of times customers come in minutes before closing asking for doughnuts but not wanting to pay since “it’s going to trash anyway.” Well, it’s still store hours so you have to pay.

To put it simply, Dunkin’ Donuts is supposed to be an environment that’s quick, easy, and simple. Don’t overcomplicate things.