Aside from Little 500 and warmer weather, Bloomington has a bunch of fun events to participate in this spring. Make the most out of the rest of the semester and enjoy all the good food that Bloomington has to offer.

1. Food Truck Friday at Chocolate Moose – April 1st

spring

Photo by Claire Waggoner

This weekly favorite is finally back. Starting April 1st, Food Truck Friday at The Chocolate Moose will be up and running again. From 11 am to 9 pm you can listen to live music while hitting up different food trucks that park in their lot. This spring be on the look out for The Gravy Train, Rasta Pops, The Gyro Truck, and Smoke Eaters BBQ.

2. Bloomington Food Truck Friday – April 1st

spring

Photo courtesy of The Big Cheeze

The Chocolate Moose won’t be the only weekly Food Truck Friday this year, they will get some competition from another event that will take place at Smith’s Shoe Center. This will also start April 1st and take place from 11 am to 9 pm, so technically you can visit both in one Friday. This location will feature The Big Cheeze, Great White Smoke, Juancho’s, Bea’s Soda Bar and more. You can check out more on their Facebook event page.

3. Bloomington Community Farmers Market – April 2nd

spring

Photo courtesy of Airbnb

The farmers market returns to the great outdoors on April 2nd. It runs every Saturday from 8 am to 1 pm at 401 N. Morton St. Like usual, you can find fresh produce, flowers, meats and more from farmers in the area. There is also the prepared foods section of the market from places like Scholars Bakehouse, Feast and Piccoli Dolci. A full list of the market’s vendors is available for both farmers and prepared foods. The market has also been known to host special events, such as soup tasting or apple tasting this were held this fall.

4. Bloomington Craft Beer Festival – April 9th

spring

Photo by Claire Waggoner

For the 6th year, Bloomington will play host to the Craft Beer Festival. On April 9th, ticket purchasers can try beer from over 50 breweries while also enjoying live music and entertainment. Located at The Woolery Mill at 2200 West Tapp Road in Bloomington, attendees can either buy an early bird ticket or general admission ticket. For $60 early bird’s can arrive at 1 pm and stay until 6 pm, while the $40 general admission ticket will get you in at 2 pm and to also stay until 6 pm.

5. Strawberry Festival – May 5th

spring

Photo by Liana Lis

Before you head home for the summer, stop by the Strawberry Festival on May 5th. It will be held on the Bloomington Courthouse Lawn from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm. Enjoy delicious strawberries that are in season while eating strawberry shortcake with vanilla ice cream for $5. Feel good about indulging, as this event benefits the Bloomington Boys’ and Girls’ Club.