Date night is an important time for a couple to get to learn more about each other and to enjoy great food while doing so. Whenever the time comes to decide where to go for the night, it is always a very strenuous task knowing that the place you pick with heavily influence how the night will go. On one hand, the place you decide on going to can dissolve any tension that may have previously been there by creating a more blissful ambiance. On the other hand, choosing the wrong place with bad food and service can affect how you and your significant other’s mood and could be detrimental to the relationship. In Columbia, there are many great place to eat, but here are 5 that are my absolute favorite in ensuring that my date nights are pleasant.

1. Kobe

Date night

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

Kobe sets the standard for what a date night should consist of. Walking into Kobe, the first thought I had was that it was the perfect blend of quality, quantity and entertainment. The chefs prepare all of the food in front of the customers. They often start by creating a large fire on the grill to grab the customers attention. If there was any ice that need breaking, this is sure to melt all the tension away. From the chicken to the steak, the whole menu is full of delicious food

2. Room 38

Date night

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

Room 38 is a place that atmosphere will set the mood for a romantic evening. When you walk through the door, you see dimmed lights and candles on every table. This ambiance coupled with the great food makes Room 38 a go-to date night. The food here is so good that if you close you eyes and point at something on the menu, you are almost guaranteed to enjoy it!

3. The Vault

Date night

Photo courtesy of www.tripadvisor.com

Not many people know a lot about The Vault, but the way that their food taste, it’s a shame they don’t know! While waiting on food, you can enjoy playing pool or hanging out at the bar. The Vault is located in the basement of the Tiger Hotel. This place is also a great conversation starter because of the people who have eating here before. A lot of times, when famous people come to Columbia, they spend their nights at the Tiger Hotel and try the Vault’s food.

4. The Roof

Date night

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

If you are focused more focused on setting the mood and eating good, light food and less on having a meal, The Roof is the place to spend your evening. Being a bar at night, the scenery is the biggest point of emphasis and can help break the ice in any relationship.

5. Waffle House

Date night

Photo courtesy of azulphotography.com

While not seen as elegant as the rest of the choices on the list, Waffle House’s quality is among the best. Dining here will leave you with notion of trying to get everything on the menu. Out of the 5 places, Waffle House is the most affordable place for a spontaneous night on the town. Whether it’s an expensive date or a more affordable one, the true value is the great food shared with someone you care about!