Downtown New Brunswick is a hub for any type of food you could imagine. From fast food restaurants like 25 Burgers to higher scale dining like The Frog and The Peach; it has it all when it comes to types of food.

College Ave has ABP and Livingston has Henry’s Diner, but one thing Rutger’s lacks is the type of convenience store that has more of a selection than your rinky dink convenience store like the ones in the student center or a far walk into one of the off campus neighborhoods that aren’t the best to wander through at night.

We also need something that is cheaper than the sandwiches at ABP and Subway. A perfect marriage of an inexpensive option that still provides a wide selection of customizable options is a Wawa at Rutgers. A Wawa on College Ave would be the dream for a multitude of reasons.

wawa

Photo by Samantha Hart

1. Customizable: 

wawa

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

When you order a sandwich at Wawa, you can choose a pre-made one, even customize that, or make your own completely customizable sandwich. This is beneficial to not only people who know what they want, but also those with certain diet restrictions/allergies.

2. Get more for what you pay for:

wawa

GIF courtesy of realnebraskagirls.com

An average sandwich on College Ave goes for about $7. At Wawa, you can get a larger sandwich or salad for less than that at around $5. You not only get a larger portion, but it’s fresh and inexpensive. As college students, money is tight for most students. A meal plan is pretty overpriced, but it’s hard to find the time to make food every night and ordering food every night can get boring, pricey, and take a toll on your waistline.

3. Variety:

wawa

GIF courtesy of theodysseyonline.com

You can get coffee, snacks, a meal, or a pre-made meal all in one place. It’s a one stop shopping experience. Instead of running around in between classes to the convenience store, the coffee shop, and the dining hall, you can get all that you need in one place. You can get breakfast, lunch, or dinner at any time of the day!

4. Health Benefits:

wawa

GIF courtesy of runeatrepeat.com

Wawa has a lot of healthy options based on what you get. You can make salads, wraps, soups tailored to what you want to put in your body. Most of the inexpensive places on campus aren’t healthy, but we find ourselves going there because its cheaper.

We lack is food that feels so fresh that your body feels good after eating it. Most people always crave fruit because it’s so hard to come across a constant supply of fresh, not rotten fruit, unless you have a car. This would make fresh food a lot more accessible to students.

5. We Love It:

wawa

GIF courtesy of Buzzfeed.com

Wawa is a staple in central and south Jersey. It’s the go to place for a majority of us. So many students already love Wawa so it is sure to be a success in this college town.

They say that we are the future, so why not make the future a little brighter with happy, healthy, and not broke students.