SociallyLoveda business that acts as a marketing medium for local and small businesses in Tallahasseehosted a 20s themed social event called “Gatsby at the Capitol,” at the Florida Historic Capitol Museum, in order to honor the Tallahassee community and their clients. Here are 5 ways Sociallyloved brought out the Great Gatsby in all of us, even just for a night.

1. They restored the glitz & glam of the 20s

Gatsby

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

“Go Gatsby” means enjoy your life and LIVE. It’s not about escaping the world (all those who have read The Great Gatsby understand why…); it’s about loving where you’re at and what you’re doing. It’s a mindset, friends. Sociallyloved reminded us to enjoy the good things in life and to be thankful for the chance to celebrate our success. 

#SpoonTip: Check out the Florida Historic Capitol Museum for more upcoming events.

2. Everyone time-traveled for a night

Gatsby

Photo by Paula Kreutzer; From left to right: Lauren Jewel & Kristin Kintz

With the gentlemen dressed in tuxes and the ladies in flappers and pearls, every person revealed their alter-egos for the night. Ladies chatted the night away holding a glass of champagne, and revamped their hair and makeup 20s style with Salon IQ and Makeup Pro studio. To top it all off, a vintage photo booth operated by Ivory Fine Art Photography provided everyone a lasting memory of the socialite they would have been nearly a century ago.

3. Party-goers truly felt “SociallyLoved”

Gatsby

Photo by Paula Kreutzer; From left to right: Louis Dobosenski, Kristine Dobosenski, Kari Holman, Eric Holman, Richard Linck, Phillys Linck, Donna Holman.

Eric and Kari Holman left South Dakota with God’s guidance to create SociallyLoved in Tallahassee, FL. Although the first issue came out in 2015, their business spread throughout Tally like the Gospel. SociallyLoved focuses on sharing customers’ opinions, instead of highlighting its own reviews of local businesses. Now everyone loves them! 

#SpoonTip: Remember: It’s all about YOU Tally.#loveontally. Check out the SociallyLoved Facebook page.

4. The food tasted as good as it looked

Gatsby

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

The venue itself provided hors d’uerves for the guests. The museumwith its grecian style pillars and grand staircasetreated us to strawberries, cheeses, and dainties of all kinds and set the tone for a Gatsby-filled night. No one went hungry ’cause everyone appreciated the free food. Nice going Tally. 

#SpoonTip: Check out what foods Jay Gatsby and some of your other fav characters would love right here.

5. The desserts were the sweetest part

Gatsby

Photo by Paula Kreutzer

Talk about a sugar rush. With specialty cupcakes such as Red Velvet, Vanilla, Snickerdoodle, and dark chocolate from Christina’s Cakes, and chocolate-dipped bacon, pretzels, and gummy bears from Charlie’s Candy Buffets, party-goers got a free taste of the sweet side of Tally. So if you want a real party, call up these places for your upcoming special eventthey “Go Gatsby” every time.

Gatsby

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

Follow Sociallyloved @loveontally on instagram, ‘cause there’s no better place to learn the best of Tally than from the lips of Tallahassians themselves.