Pride month is a time to celebrate the triumphs in the queer community, but it’s also a time to mourn and remember all of the people who fought and continue fighting for LGBTQ freedoms across the globe. In the wake of the Orlando shooting at gay nightclub Pulse, it’s time to grab your friends, eat some rainbow snacks, and talk about what’s going on in the queer community.

1. Rainbow Bagels – Anti-Trans Bathroom Bills

LGBTQ Issues

Photo by Max Bartick

You can discuss the “Bathroom Bills” that advocate for denying trans people use of the bathrooms that match their gender identities over brunch. Make these rainbow pancakes and rainbow bagels to wow your friends, while mulling over the fact that trans people who have been denied bathroom access are 45% more likely to kill themselves.

2. Rainbow Roll Cake – Gay Marriage Bans

Photo by Paige Marie Rodgers

Bake this roll cake to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the SCOTUS same-sex marriage ruling while also pondering why some states are still attempting to ban it.

3. Rainbow Fruit Salsa – HIV in the Latino Community

LGBTQ Issues

Photo by Santina Renzi

Make some rainbow salsa while realizing that gay, Latino men account for over 80% of new HIV infections. That’s more than 3x that of white non-Latinos.

4. Rainbow No-Bake Cheesecake – Homeless Queer Youth

LGBTQ Issues

Photo by Paige Marie Rodgers

If you find that you’re not much of a baker, try this no-bake cheesecake. It’ll impress everyone in your home while you figure out a way to end LGBTQ youth homelessness. Remember that LGBTQ youth make up 40% of all homeless youth, a number almost six times higher than for non-queer homeless youth.

5. Rainbow Sugar Cookie Nachos – Progress

Photo by Audrey Mirabito

Lastly, end the discussion with some rainbow sugar cookie nachos. Dunk into some icing while remembering that it’s okay to celebrate life as a queer person, while also grieving and appreciating those who died for your cause.

Surround yourself with people who love you, and delight in community improvements, like the fact that support for same-sex marriage has nearly doubled since 2003. Smile as you read over the American Psychological Association’s decision to no longer classify being transgender as a disorder. Enjoy your rainbow snacks and stay #proud.