Batman and Robin, Angelina and Brad, peanut butter and jelly; every powerhouse has its perfect pair. Unfortunately, one of the best summer pairings, Corona and lime, seems like a distant dream in this polar vortex. I set out to investigate some of the best pairings that rival, and possibly outshine, Corona and lime!

1. PB&J and Corona

Image by Lindsey Law

Just because it isn’t the summer doesn’t mean you have to neglect the Corona that is calling your name. And if the peanut butter sticks to the roof of your mouth, a refreshing swig of light and bubbly Corona will wash it right down. Alternative: champagne and PB&J.

2. Pumpkin and pasta

Image by Lindsey Law

Like avocados, pumpkin serves as an excellent creamy alternative to rich, calorie heavy (and oh so delicious) Alfredo sauce, with the added bonus of providing much more nutritional value. But remember: don’t use sweetened pumpkin!

3. Lemon and coconut

Image by Lindsey Law

While this combination has the potential to make for some yummy macaroons, brownies, cookies, cakes and much more, the citrusy sweet duo’s health benefits prove just as endless. Mix up some coconut oil with lemon juice and apply the mixture to your scalp, face, hands–anywhere you want! The lemon functions as an anti-bacterial agent, while the coconut oil soothes and nourishes.

4. Bacon and vodka

Image by Lindsey Law

For a perfect addition to your next Bloody Mary, cook 6-8 strips of bacon and submerge them in a container of vodka. Leave in the fridge for a week or so, then mix some of the bacon-infused vodka into a Bloody Mary and enjoy!

5. Pineapple and cayenne pepper

Image by Lindsey Law

It may seem bizarre…but really it’s amazing! Just sprinkle some cayenne pepper over a few pineapple slices. Cayenne pepper speeds up your metabolism, and pineapple is simply delicious!