Football season is in full swing and you know what that means: tailgate season is here. You're dressed in your best UConn outfit and ready to head to Rentschler for tailgate hours before kickoff time.

No tailgate is complete without food, but lugging a grill on the student bus or in your friend's car is a hassle. These 5 snacks are guaranteed to be crowd-pleasers and don't require any grilling.

1. Breakfast Sandwiches

Eating breakfast is always important, but it's especially important if you're going to be drinking at the tailgate. A breakfast sandwich is the perfect way to fuel up before a day of tailgating. You'll get a good mix of carbs, fat, and protein to fill you up.

Make a pit stop at Dunkin' or Breugger's in Storrs Center before you hit the road to Rentschler. 

2. Beer

It's not technically a food, but what's a tailgate without beer? It goes well with all of these snacks and you won't blow your budget on just the drinks. Whether you're casually sipping or shotgunning your beer, make sure always have a friend with you and drink safely.

#SpoonTip: If you go to the packy in Storrs Center earlier in the week, they'll still have the good brands and you won't be stuck drinking Natty Lite

3. Nachos

A photo posted by @withavocadoalways on

If you don't get enough food at the tailgate have no fear, there are plenty of options once you get inside the stadium. While the food may be pricey, what's better than enjoying a killer plate of nachos while watching the Huskies (hopefully) win the game?

4. Pizza

pizza, pepperoni, crust, mozzarella
Mackenzie Earley

Pizza is always a crowd pleaser and makes a good early lunch. This is perfect if you want something more substantial than snacks so you won't get hangry before half-time. There's even a Domino's right before you turn into Rentschler so you can pick up a fresh, hot pizza on your way into the the student lot.

5. Snack Mix

meat, vegetable, rice, chicken
Elise Takahama

Snack mix is easy to bring and delicious. Whether you want sweet, spicy, or cheesy, there's a snack mix out there for every taste. This makes a perfect snack for when you're starting to feel hungry but don't want a full meal. 

Whether you're tailgating in J lot or need a snack at half time, something on this list is guaranteed to please your whole squad. Happy tailgating, Huskies!