I love World Market. Who doesn’t amirite? From giant rugs to imported furniture to aisles and aisles of foreign foods, you could get lost pushing your buggy around for days.

For a first time visit I would recommend having an excess of time, not cash, because the inventory is so vast you’ll probably want to buy everything. And when I say everything I mean that you will have mentally redecorated every room in your home while simultaneously trying to figure out a way to travel the world. This will all happen before you hit the aisles of foreign foods.

While it’s always a great time trying out sofas and day beds, the food section is where the inspiration truly lies. They have a crazy impressive selection from countless countries. I encourage an organic browsing experience, wandering from one treasure to another without the slightest idea where you will end up. If that sounds too daunting of a task, here are a few of my World Market shopping tips:

1. They Categorize Aisles by Region

World Market

Photo by Kristin Pittman

After eating Thai food prepared by Thai students over the summer I fell in love with the food and the students, so I am slightly obsessed with the Asian aisle. They also have shelves full of foods from other areas if you have a different journey in mind.

2. Pick At Least 1 Random Snack Every Time You Go

World Market

Photo by Kristin Pittman

They have dozens of delicious and healthy snack items at World Market. You might not even realize you need some of them in your life, so get in there and explore. Even when I’m on a mission for one or two specific things I always leave with a little extra and as a lover of most things chickpea how could I pass these up?

3. Check Out the Sweets Aisle

World Market

Photo by Kristin Pittman

They have an entire aisle devoted to cookies, and by cookies I don’t mean the typical chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin. All kinds of cultures are represented with cookies from places such as Italy, Greece, and Mexico.

World Market

Photo by Kristin Pittman

Yum, wafer sticks. I’ve always had the chocolate filled ones, which I love, but World Market takes it up a level with flavors like peanut butter and lemon.

World Market

Photo by Kristin Pittman

The impressive, bordering on excessive, collection of gummy bears makes for a sweet picture. Still haven’t made my way through them all yet, but I’ll get there…I promise.

4. They Have Chocolate Everything

World Market

Photo by Kristin Pittman

Think of every type of chocolate you’ve seen in the candy aisle and then double it. If you have ever wanted chocolate with chili, fruit, or espresso, World Market has got you.

World Market

Photo by Kristin Pittman

They’ve also got chip shaped chocolate. Literally, what could be better? I personally recommend the mint flavor.

5. Don’t Pass Up the Clearance Section

World Market

Photo by Kristin Pittman

Everybody loves a sale. It’s a nice way to get something for a steal and find something that you might not have happened upon in its normal place. Take a gamble, I have and it has resulted in some foods gaining a permanent place in my pantry.