Movie nights are the perfect way to chill out and escape all of those papers and group projects waiting to be checked off of your to do list. Whether you’re hanging solo in your dorm room or procrastinating with your buds, these five snacks can serve as awesome alternatives to your more traditional movie munchies.

1. No-Bake Oreo Cake Balls

snacks

Photo by Gina Ferrazi

This treat is my personal favorite. €The recipe is fast and easy with minimal ingredients. The cake balls are perfect for sharing with friends (or hogging to yourself while binging on Netflix), and are way yummier than the candy you might find at the concession stand.

2. Tortilla Chips and Guacamole

snacks

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Who needs popcorn when you’€™ve got guac? Chipotle might be forty minutes from campus, but you can spice up your film fiesta with a healthier alternative to most movie-going snacks. Check out the above linked tutorial on how to whip up your own guacamole in a matter of minutes.

3. S’mores Dip

snacks

Photo by Rachel Labarre

This may be the greatest snack to ever come into existence. For some people, chocolate and movie magic go hand in hand. Fear not, chocolate lovers—you don’t need a campfire or a summer breeze for this treat. Use a graham cracker as a “chip”€ and dig in.

4. Sweet Potato Fries

snacks

Photo by Amanda Gajdosik

For those of us who want a little something sweet and salty during an escape courtesy of Hollywood’s finest, some oven-baked sweet potato fries might be a solid (and healthy) option.

5. Not Your Average Popcorn

snacks

Photo by Alina Polishuk

Popcorn is a classic flick food, though you don’€™t always have to stick with salt and butter for your toppings. Be more adventurous with your screening snack with the help of some awesome and creative recipes. Pop it on the stove for the best results.

Looking for more ideas? Take a look at these creative snacks.