With the warmer weather approaching, it's easy to start thinking less about school and more about that cute new swimsuit you'll be wearing to the pool this Saturday. Summer is taunting us all, isn't it? Stay cool with these five Lubbock treats to beat the heat. 

Italian Ice

Italian ice is a creamy, dairy-free, delicious dessert that is light and refreshing. Blue Oasis offers a variety of Italian ice flavors, some are light and fruity and some are on the more indulgent side. My personal favorite is the mango—totally refreshing and it's made with real mangos.

#SpoonTip: From 12:30-9 pm on Tuesdays, ice cream and Italian ice are only $1.00 per scoop... You're welcome. 

Ice Cream

I scream, you scream... you get it. An ice cream cone is the classic treat to cool off with (and is totally Instagram-worthy). The Arrogant Texan serves Amy's Ice Creams with unique and creative flavor combinations that are guaranteed to satisfy—some notable flavors are: PB&J, custard donut, Guinness, rainbow rock, butter beer and olive oil. You can also find Texas-style BBQ, coffee, and vintage candy at this Lubbock joint.  

Shaved Ice 

Bahama Bucks is headquartered in Lubbock, Texas and serves cold treats we all know and love. Bahama Bucks is most famously known for their shaved ice, which is offered in 91 gourmet flavors. Shaved ice is also available in 12 super sour flavors—risk takers, this one's for you. 

#SpoonTip: You don't completely have to blow your diet to enjoy a cold treat on a hot day—Bahama Bucks offers Thin Ice, their sugar-free, carb-free, fat-free option in 20 flavors. 

Smoothies

Keva Juice is the perfect spot to grab a quick smoothie. With all of their flavor options, there's bound to be one for everybody. Each smoothie comes with one free additive such as stress relief, daily vitamins and energy boosters.

My personal favorite is the Keva Kolada. It has pineapple juice, coconut, banana, pineapple sherbet and non-fat yogurt—if I close my eyes and think hard enough I really feel like I've been transported to a tropical oasis. 

#SpoonTip: If you're consuming a smoothie before or after a workout, add some extra protein. 

Flavored Red Bull

Don't be thrown off by this one if you're not a Red Bull fan—I wasn't either, but I find myself craving these bad boys. Undergrounds Coffee takes a spin on the classic energy drink by adding flavored syrups and topping it off with a splash of sprite, coke or orange juice depending on the flavor. The Lubbock location offers fun school spirited flavors like The Red Raider and The Suns up Guns up. 

#SpoonTip: Any flavored Red Bull goes great with their chicken salad stuffed avocado, this lunch duo really is Lubbock's best kept secret. 

Next time you're craving a sweet treat on a record breaking day, you'll know where to go—no matter what you're in the mood for, Lubbock's got it.