College students worldwide know the struggle of transitioning from their mom’s home0cooked meals to sad dining hall food. There is just no way to compete, which is why we probably eat out and snack a little too much during the week and stuff our faces late at night on weekends. Between the stress and exhaustion of our busy schedules, it’s difficult to choose a healthy and fulfilling snack. These five foods provide the same amount of satisfaction without the guilt, giving you a little more room to indulge on the weekends.

Frozen Grapes Over Candy

When you’re craving a candy bar, reach for some frozen grapes instead. They have just the right amount of crunch and sweetness to satisfy that sweet tooth. Here are some more ways to eat frozen grapes.

healthy

Photo by Alyssa Maccarrone

Tea Over Coffee

Craving a warm drink early in the morning? Instead of reaching for coffee, have a hot cup of herbal tea. Tea won’t dehydrate you and is a much healthier option than a sugar-filled cup of coffee. Read here to find out which cup of tea to drink.

healthy

Photo by Alyssa Maccarrone

Oatmeal Over Bread

Although oatmeal is still considered a carb, it is a much healthier option than stuffing your face with white bread. Kill the craving with some low sugar Quaker Oats and spruce it up by trying these oatmeal recipes.

healthy

Photo by Lindsay Kuenzle

Seltzer Over Soda

Seltzer, unlike soda, does not contain pounds of sugar but has the same carbonation. It’s also a great substitute in mixed drinks when you want to cut calories at the bar. Try any of these seltzer-based alcoholic drinks.

healthy

Photo by Alyssa Maccarrone

Nuts Over Chips 

Instead of snacking on some salty, greasy chips, grab some lightly salted almonds. This healthy nut is not only great for snacking but great for your heart as well. Here are some awesome ways to eat almonds.

healthy

Photo by Davana Bolton

Here are some more articles on how to snack smart: