Yes, lent is over but bathing suit season is unfortunately right around the corner. You may want to consider sticking to your sacrifices, and swapping that unhealthy food for a smarter, more healthful option.

Instead Of Ice Cream Try Pudding

snack

Photo by Victoria Georgetti

Take a trip back to your elementary school days with pudding, the most underrated snacks of them all. With an array of flavors from butterscotch, to classic vanilla, and banana variations, pudding is very versatile, and not to mention it’s still luscious and creamy like Ben & Jerry’s.

Chai Instead Of Chocolate

snack

Photo by Gina Occhipinto

This may be the hardest to forfeit, but be strong. When you’re going through chocolate withdrawals, try vanilla chai with it’s slightly spicy bold notes of creamy vanilla. Whether it comes from Starbucks or in a drink stocked with protein and other goodies, it’s a flavor that’ll get you back on your feet.

Sweet Cereal Over Dessert

snack

Photo by Victoria Georgetti

Can’t go wrong with sweetened cereals, like Reese’s Puffs, Lucky Charms, and Fruity Pebbles that pack a punch to the sweet tooth, and technically, they are a breakfast food.

Ditch Eggs For Some Banana Look-a-Likes

snack

Photo by Danielle Gervais

What if I told you that you could have a meal that tastes exactly like scrambled eggs, but it’s made with only a banana and milk? I know it sounds insane, but if you don’t believe me, mash a banana whisked with milk and scramble it on the pan. It tastes so similar you’ll be amazed.

Frozen Grapes Not Chips

snack

Photo by Danielle Gervais

Has the salt life chosen you? Switch the salt for a slightly sweet bowl of frozen grapes. Eat as many as you’re in the mood for, and with the same grab and munch motion, it’s hardly a sacrifice.

For other food guides and stories: