Will and Kate are alright, but if we’re being honest, chips and dip are the real royal couple. Chips without dip? Decent, at best. Dip without chips? That’s just wrong. To put it simply, they belong together.

The chip is a shovel straight out of heaven and dip is its most worthy companion. Chips and dip’s sole downfall is that they can pack on quite the sum of calories —especially when you mindlessly keep on eating them.

Fear not, chip and dip lovers —here are five healthier sweet and savory combos so you can keep on dipping without packing on the pounds.

1. Banana Chips with Nut Butter

chip and dip

Photo by Giselle Palladino

Adding a little crunch to the classic banana and peanut butter combo turns it into a satisfying snack. Bonus —you don’t have to worry about the bananas going bad.

To keep this combo on the healthier side, avoid buying banana chips that have added sugar. Basically any sort of nut butter compliments banana chips. Personally, we went the trendy route and used almond butter.

2. Apple Chips with Honey

chip and dip

Photo by Giselle Palladino

Ok, this is cheating a little. Rather than creating a mess trying to dip these rather fragile chips, top ‘em off with a light drizzle of honey. Apple chips on their own are delicious, and incorporating a little honey adds another dimension of flavor while providing health benefits, too.

Honey contains antioxidants known as “flavonoids” which have been shown to reduce the risk of some forms of cancer as well as heart disease. If you’re feeling particularly ambitious, you can even make your own apple chips with this recipe.

3. Sweet Potato Chips with Honey Mustard Sauce

chip and dip

Photo by Giselle Palladino

Sweet potato fries and honey mustard are yet another classic. Go for the guilt-free version and either bake your own sweet potato chips or purchase some sweet potato tortilla chips. A honey mustard sauce made with Greek yogurt packs on enough protein to keep you satisfied for the long haul.

4. Kale and Chia Seed Chips with Salsa or Guac

chip and dip

Photo by Giselle Palladino

Replace your basic tortilla chips for the flavor and nutritional benefits of this power combo. They’re high in fiber, protein, antioxidants, omega-3s, vitamin A, and vitamin C. The classic sea-salt version tastes delicious with a classic pico, a sweet pineapple salsa, or, for the Chipotle lover, this copycat guac.

5. Snap Pea Crisps and Hummus

chip and dip

Photo by Giselle Palladino

Who can argue with getting your daily dose of vegetables in the form of a crunchy chip? Dipping these guys in hummus makes for an unexpectedly delightful combo. Four grams of fiber too? Count me in.

Haven’t quite gotten your chip fix yet? Keep reading.