The 2016 presidential race was a historic one, culminating in the election of Donald Trump to the highest office in the land. The strong feelings aroused on both sides of the political aisle by the president-elect has made his inauguration a source of excitement for some, and dread for others. No matter where you stand on Trump's swearing-in, try these recipes to make it great. 

Trumpcakes

Kick off the viewing party with some treats that bear a striking resemblance to the 45th President. Try this recipe for lemon cupcakes as a base and pipe on yellow frosting to achieve Trump's signature strands.

Orange Everything

Like him or hate him, you can't deny that The Donald is heavy-handed with the spray tan bottle. Ring in his presidency with plenty of Cheetos, Cheez-Its, carrots, and circus peanuts. As long as it's orange, you can't go wrong here.

Patriotic Fruit Kebobs

Get in touch with your American pride by turning a handful of berries into the nation's flag. Use any red, white, and blue fruits to create the stars and stripes. 

Pigs in a Blanket

Hot dogs are as American as apple pie. These bite-sized weenies are the perfect party platter. Best of all, they're manageable for even those with the smallest of hands.

Red, White, and Blue Jell-O Shots

Whether it's celebratory or mournful, throwing back one of these Jell-O shots will definitely make the inauguration a more enjoyable viewing experience. Take more as needed.

This presidential inauguration, don't witness democracy in action on an empty stomach. Let these party dishes hold you over until you get to do it all again in four years.