The summer is at its peak. It is obvious that many of us feel lethargic or fatigued due to the stress caused by a hectic schedule and the heat taking its toll on our health.

But worry not! Here I have listed five foods that can help you fight fatigue with every bite. Eat these quick bites before you go for that next outing with friends, so that you remain energised throughout the day and have the time of your life.

Get the healthy and happy summer you deserve.

1) Oatmeal

fatigue

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

For an instant energy start-up of day all you need to do is have a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. It not only replenishes energy reserves but also gives you a quick boost of energy.

If you’ve tried oatmeal before and didn’t find it tempting I suggest now is the time to reconsider. Combining fruits or nuts with your oats will do the trick, making it both nutritious and delicious.

2) Yogurt

fatigue

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

The biggest advantage of yogurt is that you can have it at any time. It contains protein, which boosts power, and calcium, which strengthens the bones. By topping with oats, honey, nuts and fruits, it makes a hearty snack.

Its plain variety is a healthy base for a light breakfast, lunch or even dinner. We can also replace mayonnaise with yogurt to make homemade salad dressing. The healthy probiotics in yogurt also help ease symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome.

3) Spinach

fatigue

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

This green leafy vegetable is another great fatigue fighting food that is available in the market. It helps produce energy and combat tiredness as it is rich in iron.

We can add spinach leaves to sandwiches, soups or other healthy snacks. One can choose from a variety of options like the traditional Indian palak paneer or a glass of spinach juice. You could even try the beer and spinach cheese dip.

4) Nuts

fatigue

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

Nuts are portable and convenient to keep at your desk. A daily dose of nuts—about a small palmful—is the way to go. It will give you immediate yet lasting energy. As they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids they help our body to combat fatigue.

Some nuts which we must include in our diet are almonds, walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts and cashews.

5) Beans

fatigue

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

They are the frontliners when it comes to fighting fatigue. Beans are also a versatile food which you can have at any time—for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

The list of nutrients in beans is too long, with iron, minerals and vitamins forming a major part of it. Nowhere else can one find a combination which is low in fat, high in fibre and packed with protein. You don’t want to miss this power punch.

Liked this? Here are some more health and fitness articles for y’all: