So it is Pesach, or how America fondly knows it, Passover. It is also known as the week when you are extremely constipated or when all the non-Jewish kids at your school ate the matzo at lunch before you got there so you are #hangry. A false conception about matzo is that it is boring and literally a cracker. Okay, that is true. BUT, it is so easy to make it through the week and consider yourself a culinary genius at the Passover Seder.

The Classic Butter

matzo

Photo by Lena Aaron

Butter is good on anything so that is an easy answer. For those of you who just need a quick snack or just really love butter (like we all do), slather some on your oversized cracker and call it day.

Cream Cheese and Jelly

matzo

Photo by Lena Aaron

This is a classic on a bagel but now you can have a third of the carbs! If you have never had this combo, I am telling you, you have not lived. Join the rest of the Jewish community and do yourself a favor. Go to the grocery store, buy some full-fat Philadelphia cream cheese and strawberry jelly and freaking enjoy, my friends.

Matzo Scramble

matzo

Photo courtesy of mamashighstrung.com

Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, obviously there is a breakfast option. This requires maybe five percent more effort than just normal scrambled eggs. So if you are too lazy to scramble eggs, stick with the first two options.

But for all my egg lovers, this one’s for you. Take some eggs, crack ’em, and scramble. Then, right before they are finished, break your matzo up into small/medium pieces and throw it in and cook for about thirty seconds. Lastly, put it on your plate sprinkle Old Bay, salt and pepper, Tabasco or whatever your heart desires and you have the Passover plate of the century.

Matzo Brittle

matzo

Photo by Heather Feibleman

Like a heath bar… but better. The level of complicatedness of this one is probably a 5/5 but don’t let that scare you. All of the coating in chocolate and toffee and the sprinkling of the salt makes it all worth it when you sit down and take a crunchy, delectable bite out of your homemade (or store bought) matzo brittle. If you are feeling ambitious follow this recipe for the pathway to heaven.

Matzo Charoset Sammy

matzo

Photo by Madison Mounty

For those of you who are not actually celebrating Passover and have no idea what in the world ‘charoset‘ is, it is apples, cinnamon, honey, red wine, and some nuts all chopped up and put in a bowl together. Sweet with spicy cinnamon on an amazing piece of matzo will have your taste buds be singing hallelujah.

So raise one of your four glasses (or more) of wine during the seder to no more boring matzo, making you want the holiday to “passover” quickly.