Ah, Rubin dining hall. Notoriously known as the misfit of NYU dining locations, Rubin is commonly seen as the safe haven for freshmen avoiding the wind tunnel down 5th Ave., or the convenient buffet for residents who live upstairs. Whether you have visited this enigma of a dining hall or not, here’s a DIY guide to transform your Rubin dining experience into a gourmet feast.
BBQ Pulled Pork Fries
1. Order French fries from the grill.
2. Order barbecue ribs from the home zone.
3. Use forks to pull the meat off the rib bones.
4. Pile the pulled pork onto the fries.
5. Smother porky fries with barbecue sauce.
6. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top.
Chili Cheese Dog
Hot dog bun
1. Order a hot dog and nicely ask for a toasted hot dog bun at the grill.
2. Spoon chili on top of hot dog.
3. Top hot dog with Cheddar cheese and jalapeños.
Baked Potato Grilled Cheese
White or potato bread
1. Order scalloped potatoes from the home zone.
2. Smear sour cream on both slices of bread.
3. Pile scalloped potatoes on one slice of bread.
4. Sprinkle bacon bits and Cheddar cheese from the salad bar on top of the potatoes.
5. Toast sandwich at the sandwich station.
Artichoke Spinach Quesadilla
Pepper Jack cheese
1. Get a spinach tortilla from the sandwich station.
2. Place three slices of Provolone cheese on half the tortilla.
3. Top cheese with spinach and artichokes.
4. Sprinkle bacon bits on top of greens.
5. Top ingredients with three slices of Pepper Jack cheese.
6. Fold tortilla over and toast quesadilla at the sandwich station.
Strawberry Balsamic Salad
1. Get mixed greens from the salad bar.
2. Top salad with strawberries.
3. Sprinkle Feta cheese on top of salad.
4. Lightly drizzle balsamic vinegar.