The soft serve ice cream machine is a staple in d-hall. The daily access to ice cream can be great, but sometimes you can get into an ice cream rut eating the same soft serve day after day. So we are here to help, here are our top 5 creative ideas for d-hall soft serve.

1. Root Beer Float

Soft Serve

Photo by Nora Faber

It’s a classic, but sometimes you can’t beat the classics. A summertime favorite, root beer floats quench your thirst while also acting as dessert. Fill up your cup with the desired amount of soft serve then go ahead and pour in the root beer. You will automatically be transported into the summer sunshine. And If you really want something new try using chocolate soft serve or an adult version of the float like this one.

2. Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich

Soft Serve

Photo by Nora Faber

Whats better than d-hall cookies? We have the answer, ice cream d-hall cookie sandwiches. Ice cream plus d-hall cookies, what’s not to love? These combine the best of both worlds to create the ultimate dessert. And lucky for you they are easy to make and take. Grab two cookies and load one up with soft serve. Then smack that other cookie on top and enjoy.

3. Milkshake

Soft Serve

Photo by Nora Faber

A simple yet satisfying use of soft serve. You can mix it up by adding in peanut butter to create your very own Reese’s cup milkshake or dip your fries in it for a sweet and salty combo. A milkshake that is sure to bring all the boys to the yard. Check out a killer milkshake recipe like this one.

4. Ice Cream With Cereal Toppings

Soft Serve

Photo by Nora Faber

Sprinkles are so main stream, dare to be different. Get creative and use cereal as ice cream toppings because CTM. There are a variety of cereals at your finger tips, so why not use them to your advantage? They add a nice crunch to your soft serve and are always avaible in the dining hall unlike sprinkles.

5. Ice Cream and Fruit Parfait

Soft Serve

Photo by Nora Faber

Craving ice cream, but trying to stay healthy? We have the solution for you. Make your own ice cream and fruit parfait. Grab a cup and layer ice cream, fruit, and other toppings like granola, banana chips, or dried cranberries. Bonus: with the fruit in the parfait you can almost call it a healthy snack. If you do want to be a little healthier check out this yogurt and fruit parfait.