Everyone loves fall. Whether it’s for the leaves changing color, pumpkin spice lattes, or the warm feeling of a scarf wrapped around your neck. But what is the best thing about fall? Fairs, of course.

Fairs have food on sticks, in baskets, and even wrapped in bacon. Food deep fried to a crispy perfection. Fried mac and cheese? They have it. Deep fried Oreos? That’s a thing. Blooming onions? They better have those. My all time favorite though is obviously fried dough, smothered with BOTH cinnamon sugar and powdered sugar.

Andrew Zimmerman told us his favorite fair food, but let’s take a walk through our all time favorites that can be found at the local Topsfield Fair in MA.

1. Cotton Candy

This fluffy cloud of sweetness will be sure to fill that craving of something light but sweet. It is always a plus when they are already spinning the Blue Raspberry so you don’t have to wait even longer for the most amazing flavor of candy floss. But here its a win win, because you get both pink and blue flavors in the same bag without having to wait.

giphy.com

2. Corn Dogs

I never quit understood this fan favorite, but ask any child walking on fair grounds and they will tell you this food is a must. Top it off with ketchup, mustard, or bbq sauce, anything goes.

Fair Food

3. Funnel Cake

This is a staple item when it comes to fair food. Fresh out of the fryer, still warm and golden brown. Most stands will let you add the toppings, but if they don’t make sure you ask them for powdered sugar and cinnamon sugar. I promise you will not regret it.

Fair Food

Photo by Victoria Georgetti

4. Blooming Onion

This year was my stomachs first experience with a blooming onion and oh my goodness. Never in my life have I enjoyed eating a whole onion so much. The chipotle mayo is definitely the go to sauce for these onion slices.

Fair Food

Photo by Victoria Georgetti

5. Pies

After eating a lot of deep fried deliciousness your arteries will thank you for trying some fresh pie. Here they have an amazing apple pie with a light, buttery crust that melts in your mouth stuffed to the rim with sweet apple chunks. This might be the only fruit you eat today so go ahead, have that second slice or join that pie eating contest.

Fair Food