Europe is an amazing place with so many different sites, cities and food, of course. It’s just not possible to do any city in 48 hours, am i right? Wrong! Whether you’re taking a weekend trip during your semester abroad or traveling with your family, here is a perfect weekend in Firenze.

Day 1:

Set your alarms, put on your running sneakers and get moving y’all! In preparation for the carb-fest that is to come, start your morning with a killer workout and an even more killer view. That’s right, you are starting your trip with a 463 step hike up Brunelleschi’s Duomo. Though you will experience a bit of claustrophobia and discomfort in the ancient stairwells, your Instagram followers and your quads will thank you later.

As a reward for the calories you burned, head on over to Antico Noe. Watch the master craft and press the panini of your dreams in this hole-in-the-wall hotspot. If you are still feeling tense from that walk, order a “Vanderbilt” shot at Antico Noe’s neighboring bar, The Lion’s Den.

Spend your afternoon browsing and bargaining in the San Lorenzo Leather Markets. While you’re there, visit the Mercato Centrale for cheese and wine tastings and pick up a box of fun (and often inappropriately) shaped Italian pasta.

Keep in mind, storeowners close up for a long lunch break in the late afternoon, so this would be a perfect time to freshen up at the hotel. Don’t linger for too long, however, because Florentine sunsets are to-die-for. Check out amazing views and bellinis at the rooftop bars at the Westin or La Rinescente.

Florence

Photo by Gabrielle Levitt

Make sure to book your dinner reservation at La Giostra. Cozy up with a bottle of “vino” in this intimate spot. You can not go wrong with anything on the menu, but my personal favorite is the gnocchi sorrentina. (potato dumpling pasta with tomato sauce and mozzarella) Save room for dessert and visit the nearby La Milkeria, where they make nutella waffles, gelato-filled crepes and other delicious creations. If you’re a yogurt lover like myself, Yogorino, the only frozen yogurt in Florence, is only a few stores from La Milkeria.

Florence

Photo by Gabrielle Levitt

Florence

Photo by Gabrielle Levitt

After a day of delicious food, physical activity and shopping, relax in any wine bar in Florence or head to a discotheque like YAB (if it’s a Friday night) if you are up to it.

Day 2:

So much to do, so little time. Mamma Mia! Begin this day with a trip to La Academia to visit the famous David. Purchase your tickets in advance for this one because it is definitely a tourist trap. After snapping your selfies and belfies of this masterpiece, it’s time to get cultured and enjoy yourself at the same time. Visit the Gucci Museum and the Ferragamo museum. Take time to enjoy the true masters and maybe even browse in the upscale stores nearby on Via Tornabuoni. It is duty-free, right?

For lunch today, cross over the Arno River to experience the best pizza in Florence, Gusta Pizza. Order a few pizzas to share amongst friends and make sure to ask for them in a heart shape. Bring your pizzas and a bottle of wine and have a picnic along one of the many beautiful bridges. Snap some photos and walk back along the Ponte Vecchio, a jewelry haven built into one of the bridges.

Take the afternoon to people-watch in a café, get a little exercise in or take a nap. Nonetheless, get moving about a half hour before sunset for the next adventure to Piazza della Michelangelo. Order a bottle of wine, sit back and enjoy.

Tonight, you are dining at Bucca Mario, a secret wine cellar with food that is to-die-for. Order the zucchini salad and burrata crostini with salmon and truffles.

Florence

Photo by Gabrielle Levitt

With no early morning hikes or sight-seeing, dance your night away at Space Discotheque or any other club in the city, all with time to tell your stories to your friends in class on Monday.