Regardless of what the radio has been playing or what the commercials have been drilling into our heads, the holiday season doesn’t officially begin until Black Friday. Try these four power foods to start your season off bright and help you shake off the sleepy turkey coma that comes with Thanksgiving. Munching on these power snacks will make your 2:30 AM alarm somewhat bearable and help you survive the craziness that is Black Friday.

Melon Kabobs (Honeydew, Watermelon, Cantaloupe)

Staying hydrated is the most important energizing strategy for your Black Friday plan of attack. These melons are filled with water therefore replenishing your body, especially important after the Thanksgiving cider that may or may not have been spiked. Their juicy nutrients will shake you out of sleep and keep you functioning at your most optimal, shopping-ready level. Make it more fun: throw the melons on a stick and race to your car. Those lines don’t make themselves.

Photo by Molly Krohe

Mini Rice Cake, Peanut Butter & Banana Stacks

The childhood favorite is transformed to a mini energy appetizer that is easy to make and munch on while deciding between shopping deals. Both are packed with potassium, the power mineral that will kick you into gear. The sweet, creamy and crunchy combination is every peanut-butter lovers dream. The treat will keep you focused and efficient in your shopping and will fill you up so you don’t have to worry about stopping at the food court (okay, besides getting a pretzel from Auntie Anne’s).

Photo by Molly Krohe

Pumpkin Seeds & Dried Fruit

Spice up your trail mix or dried fruit with the leftover pumpkin seeds that you still don’t know what do to with. Dried fruit is simply fruit without the water, which makes the nutrients more concentrated. Dried cranberries, grapes and plums have twice as many antioxidants as fresh fruit – just make sure to avoid the fruit with added corn syrup. Pumpkin seeds will add more flavor, crunch and overall festive-ness to your energy boost, getting your holiday spirit even more amped into gear.

Photo by Molly Krohe

Blueberries & Dark Chocolate

Make your Black Friday a blueberry Friday with the sweetest way to guarantee an everlasting energy that will power you through even the biggest of the department stores. These berries are arguably the healthiest for your body, full of antioxidants and potassium. Smother them in dark chocolate to enrich the tangy flavors and add a strong kick to your shopping experience. Just grab a bag from any grocery store and go!

Photo by Molly Krohe