Just when we thought the Austin food scene couldn’t get any better, they throw in FOUR more restaurants that other cities in the country were basically begging for. Behold: your guide to the best foodie summer of your life.

1. Voodoo Doughnut

Austin

Photo by Holly Hayes

It looks like Gourdough’s has some serious competition this year because the famous Voodoo Doughnut has FINALLY made it’s way to Austin! The Austin location is the company’s first spot in Texas. Sorry you didn’t make the cut this year, Dallas.

Voodoo Doughnut is famous world-wide for its unique array of donuts like the Bacon Maple Bar and the Iconic Voodoo Doll with raspberry jelly filling. Some of it’s more risqué eats include the Cock-N-Balls doughnuts and the Maple Blazer Blunt, both of which resemble their names.

But it doesn’t stop there. Lets get to the drinks. The beloved doughnut shop is partnering with Rogue Ales to create doughnut-flavored beer and bacon maple vodka. Seriously, why is it taking until 2015 to come out with flavors like this?

The shop will open in June, conveniently being placed on Sixth Street for all you Thursday nighters to stumble upon. No pun intended.

2. Shake Shack

Austin

Photo by Alaina Browne

Shake Shack is finally Texas bound! There’s no word yet for what’s in store for the Austin menu, but if it’s anything like NYC’s locations, we’re hoping the Peanut Butter and Bacon Burger makes it on the list. But if that’s a little too extreme for you, the classic Shack Burger is pretty close to burger perfection.

Sorry again to our friends in Dallas. But, like, Whataburger is still all the rage?

The first-ever restaurant to Texas will be located at the corner of South Lamar and Treadwell. The opening date has yet to be released.

3. Otoko

paul qui

Photo by Nicolai McCrary

Every Austinite knows one thing: we don’t have an extensive list of decent Asian restaurants. That’s all about to change when Top Chef Season 9 Winner Paul Qui opens Otoko, a 12 seat sushi counter at the South Congress Hotel. The menu is described as “blending Tokyo-style sushi and Kyoto-style kaiseki with an Austin sensibility.” Not sure what some of these words mean, but count me in!

Otoko opens in late summer.

4. Wu Chow

Wu Chow

Photo courtesy of www.atasteofkoko.com

Surprise! More yummy Asian food is coming our way. Wu Chow is going to be Austin’s newest modern and sophisticated restauaunt. Shanghai Soup Dumplings, Salt & Pepper Squid, Yu Xiang Eggplant and Mapo Tofu all have a place on the menu in addition to seasonal specials. Wu Chow is scheduled to open in early summer.

These restaurants not enough for you? Check out these other Austin joints: