In the Bay Area, we may be more attached to gadgets than people, but we love our locally sourced amazing food more than anything. When you visit the Bay Area one of your top priorities should be chowing down on local favorites and all the foods that made the city famous. Here’s our guide to some amazing eats you need to try next time you’re in the bay.

Here’s our guide to some amazing eats you need to try next time you’re in the bay.

1. It’s-It Ice Cream Sandwich

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of babycenter.com

The It’s It Ice Cream sandwich is a legend in San Francisco. Created in 1928, it is almost as delicious as it was when it hit the streets almost over 100 years ago. George Whitney put a scoop of ice cream between two oatmeal cookies, then dipped it in chocolate, and that was history.

2. Wright’s Pink Popcorn

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of sfgate.com

Sense 1940 Wright’s has been selling San Francisco caramel corn, roasted peanuts, and their unique pink popcorn.

3. Burmese food

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of mandalaysf.com

Even though there are many places across the country to get Burmese food, San Francisco has the some of the most authentic and delicious Burmese food.

4. Cruffin

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

What’s a Cruffin? A cruffin is an amazing pastry invention. It is the combination of a french pastry and a muffin, and you can get some of the best in SF.

5. A scoop from Bi-Rite

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

There’s nothing like a scoop of ice cream on a foggy day in SF. Bi-Rite has homemade organic ice cream to solve even your sweetest sweet tooth.

6. Baked goods in Dolores Park

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of sf.funcheap.com

These may be a little more special than your typical brownie. Consume at your own risk.

7. Irish coffee from Buena Vista

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of punchdrink.com

It’s the best around — always make sure you grab a cup when you’re in town.

8. Fernet Branca

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of thestreetwhereilive.com

More than 70 percent of fernet is consumed in the Bay Area. Why does the Bay Area love it so much? Two years after fernet was manufactured, the village port of Yerba Buena, Alta California, was renamed San Francisco. The glamour of this drink is tied deep into the Frisco drinking culture.

9. Pho

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of rebrn.com

Pho is a Vietnamese noodle soup that consists of linguine rice noodles called bánh phở, meat, herbs, and broth. It is also a known hangover cure.

10. Farmers Market free samples

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of hotcfarmersmarket.org

Nothing is better than spending a Saturday morning going through your city’s farmers market. Also, the free samples and bucket tamales make it worth it.

11. Mission Burritos

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of abc7news.com

Chipotle and Boloco are great, but nothing beats Bay Area burritos. Fact: The best burritos in California come from the Mission.

12. Ike’s Place

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

For all your next-level sandwich needs, there’s Ike’s. Get after it.

13. Sourdough

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

According to the Boudin family, they struck culinary gold when they started baking in San Francisco. The unique in San Fran created a unique tang to their traditional french bread.

14. Fortune cookies

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of dailytravelphotos.com

Even though this may be more of a tourist thing, San Francisco is the best place in the U.S. to get fortune cookies. In my experience, avoid the factory tour and find the little place in Chinatown for the most authentic fortune cookies.

15. Garlic fries

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of rsvlts.com

Completely iconic. Is it even a baseball game if you don’t have some type of junk food?

16. Pisco Punch

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of piscotrail.com

This is an alcoholic punch that was invented by Duncan Nicol at a bar named Bank Exchange in San Francisco.

17. Food Trucks

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of skift.com

With over one hundred food trucks in the Bay Area, you can’t go wrong. There’s everything from authentic Mexican food to chocolate covered bacon.

18. Martini at Aub Zam Zam

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of omnihotels.com

The Bay Area loves their food, but we also love our drinks. A trip home is not complete without a trip to Zam Zam for a martini.

19. Açai Bowls

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of vavawoom.com

Fact: Almost everything in San Francisco is fresh AF. Nothing can beat the Açai Bowls — sorry, LA.

20. Dank Chinese food

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of chinatownrestaurantsf.com

Out of all of the china towns I have been to over the country, this one is one of the best. Not only do they have great food, but it is also a great cheap eat.

21. S.F. Street Food Festival

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of sfgate.com

We love our farmers markets and food festivals, but nothing is better than the Street Food Festival.

22. Dark Chocolate & Marshmallow Candy Bar Bite at Boulevard

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of seriouseats.com

If you’re looking for a place to eat that will make your jaw drop, this is the place to go.

23.  Gary Danko

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of thinkvip.com

Gary Danko is one of the best chefs in San Francisco. When you come for a visit, make sure you bribe your parents to take you here.

24. Chicken at Zuni

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of smittenkitchen.com

Zuni is famous for their baked chicken and their other wood-fired eats.

25. Frog Hollow Farm

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of foodspotting.com

The Bay Area loves natural and organic food more than they love trees. When you want a break from the commercialized food you eat at school, you have to go here.

26. In-N-Out

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of foodbeast.com

It’s a Bay Area staple.

27. Oysters at Swan Oyster Depot

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of wordpress.com

They’re fresh AF, delicious, and trendy. What’s not to love?

28. Tacos

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of tacolicious.com

When people think of great authentic tacos, they go to SoCal But, you know that the best authentic tacos come from the food trucks in the Bay Area.

29. Avocado

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

You haven’t had a true avocado experience if you’ve never eaten a California avocado. Grab a California burger, some avocado toast, and some guac while you’re in town.

30. Sol Food

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Sol Food in San Rafael is the best place in the Bay Area to get Puerto Rican food ever.

31. Focaccia at Liguria Bakery

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of youtube.com

Arguably the best bread Little Italy has to offer, and you need to get yourself some.

32. Barney’s Burgers

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of blogspot.com

The Bay Area has some of the best burger chains in the country. Their burgers are all made from locally sourced organic ingredients and the truffle fries can’t be beat. Don’t forget a blackberry chocolate milkshake at the end.

33. Dried Porcini doughnuts

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

If I could, I would munch on these doughnuts every day of my life.