May is National Salad Month, making it the perfect time for vegetables to be center stage in your meals. A salad is more than just lettuce, croutons, and a little dressing — adding nuts, grains, and some protein can easily upgrade this side dish into a filling and nutritious meal. To get you in the spirit, here are 31 Spring-inspired recipes for every single day of the month so you won’t get tired of eating the same thing.

1. Spring Crab Salad

This has all the flavors of crab cakes, but in a much healthier form. And if you’re lucky enough to have access to fresh meat, use it for that fresh-from-the-ocean bite. 

2. Spring Picnic Salad

herb, vegetable, spinach
Sarah Kamensky

Gather some friends and enjoy the great outdoors with this delicious salad. Considering putting them in mason jars to make transportation and clean up even easier.

3. Spring Strawberry Salad

spinach, lettuce, herb, salad, vegetable
Keikichi Littleton

It’s strawberry season again! This classic combo of strawberries, feta cheese and walnuts will satisfy every flavor and texture element you are craving. If possible, look for local berries for optimum taste.

4. 30-Minute Lentil Salad

lentil, bread, vegetable, spinach, salad, kale
Anna Ciambrone

This salad is packed with protein from the lentils and quinoa, which are sure to fill you up. Serve it as a side dish or throw in some extra veggies and proteins for a well balanced meal. 

5. 5-Ingredient Cucumber Salad

parsley, onion, oil, cucumber, pepper, salad, tomato, vegetable
Steven Shaltiel

The crunch of the cucumbers makes this the perfect side dish to any meal. Make it ahead of time so the mustard and vinegar have time to really infuse the cucumbers.

6. Spring Apple Salad 

juice, pasture, apple
Meredith Ross

Get your daily serving of fruits and veggies from this one salad. The sweet crunch from the apples pairs well with the citrus tang from the mandarin oranges, giving you a healthy and tasty freshness in each bite.

7. Bouquet of Flowers 

Say goodbye to boring salad bowls and hello to a colorful, Spring-inspired salad with edible flowers. It makes getting your greens in much more exciting.

8. Healthy Coleslaw 

slaw, red cabbage, coleslaw, beet, lettuce, vegetable, salad, cabbage
Nadia Doris

This healthy coleslaw nixes the heavy mayo and sugar, and goes for a south-of-the-border spin by adding lime and cilantro instead. Don’t be fooled — it still packs in all the flavor and heat you crave, making it the perfect side for all things smoked, grilled and pulled.

9. Lentil Walnut Salad

vegetable, legume, corn, parsley, pea, tomato, salad, garbanzo
Lauren Peller

This salad can be served both warm or cold. While the lentils are cooking, you can easily chop up the veggies and walnuts and whip up a balsamic vinaigrette. Or, opt for canned lentils.

10. Mango Salsa Salad 

parsley, pineapple, cilantro, salsa, mango
Caroline Grew

Mangoes are coming back into season, so celebrate their return by incorporating them into your salads. Feel free to kick up the spiciness by adding some jalapeños to the salad, too.

11. Salmon Arugula Salad

salmon
Lauren Peller

If the salmon is already cooked, you can compile this filling and nutritious meal in 5 minutes.

12. Corn Salad with Hummus, Feta, Peppers and Chicken 

Yes, you can have salads without greens. The peppers add color and a nice crunch, while the chicken and chickpeas provide enough protein to keep you satiated until your next meal.

13. Warm Quinoa Salad with Cumin Lime Vinaigrette 

meat, vegetable, salad, avocado, couscous, quinoa
Julia Maguire

This dressing is so good, you’ll want to throw it on everything.

14. Feta Pomegranate Salad

vegetable, legume, salad, corn, pea, tomato, parsley, pepper
Lauren Peller

Pomegranates are great for adding sweetness and crunch to the salad. If you close your eyes, it’s almost like you’re sitting by the ocean in Greece.

15. Thai Salad with Peanut Tempeh 

Think pad thai, but in salad form. The tempeh is a great source of protein, but could always be substituted for tofu or grilled chicken.

16. Vegan Chickpea Salad 

meat, corn, salad, onion, tomato, vegetable, pepper
Ellie Haun

Think of it as the healthier, plant-based cousin of the classic tuna salad. Eat it as a side or throw it in a sandwich for a filling lunch option.

17. Basil Balsamic Pasta Salad

pasta, spaghetti
Katherine Richter

The fresh basil and juicy tomatoes are reminiscent of a pizza. And we all know there's nothing better than finding new ways to eat pizza. 

18. Pesto Quinoa Salad

Use ready-made pesto for a quick and delicious dressing that works for greens or grain based salads, making it perfect for a midweek meal. 

19. Tomato Gorgonzola Salad 

salad, cherry, tomato
Alison Weissbrot

Give the classic Caprese salad a makeover by substituting Gorgonzola for Mozzarella. The saltiness adds a great bite that pairs well with the sweet acidity of the cherry tomatoes.

20. Booze-Infused Fruit Salad 

candy, apple, salad, berry, strawberry, fruit salad, sweet
Kristine Mahan

Getting your daily serving of fruit just got a lot more interesting.

21. Lemon Garlic Roasted Salad 

Take broccoli to a whole new level with this colorful, crunchy salad. Once the broccoli is roasted, this salad can be thrown together in 5 minutes and makes a great lunch for the next day.

22. Arugula Parmesan Salad 

arugula, vegetable, lettuce, tomato, salad
Mackenzie Barth

This is salad is simple and elegant. Use arugula for a nice spiciness, or substitute with a milder green like spinach.

23. Taco Salad with Homemade Salsa 

chili, meat, pepper, pasta, salad, vegetable
Michelle Miller

Celebrate Taco Tuesday with this festive salad filled with chicken, corn and avocado, topped with a fresh homemade salsa. When you realize how easy it is to assemble, you’ll want have this recipe on repeat.

24. Fruit Salad with Orange-Cinnamon Spiced Tahini Sauce 

salad, juice, berry, fruit salad, sweet, pomegranate
Julia Maguire

Skip the apples and peanut butter. The slight nuttiness of the tahini pairs beautifully with the sweetness of the apple and acidity of the kiwi and citrus, making it perfect for a midday snack.

25. Roasted Red Pepper Salad 

sweet pepper, chili, vegetable, pepper
Torey Walsh

Roasting the bell peppers brings out a smoky sweetness that pairs perfectly with the crisp, juicy cucumbers.

26. Pistachio and Grapefruit Salad 

herb, salad, vegetable
Mackenzie Barth

If you’re a citrus fan, you’ll love this salad. It’s the perfect Mediterranean blend that will have you wishing you were on a cruise instead of studying for finals.

27. Chickpea, Sweet Potato, Farro, Apple Salad

lentil, cereal, legume, pepper, rice, corn, parsley, vegetable
Katherine Baker

Farro is an ancient wheat grain that’s high in protein, fiber and iron. Its nutty taste and chewy texture is great for bulking up salads.

28. Israeli Couscous Salad 

pepper, spinach, salad, vegetable
Claire Couron

Pack the perfect picnic with this salad that can be eaten warm or chilled. Couscous cooks quickly and is a good alternative to satisfy those pasta cravings.

29. Seaweed Salad 

vegetable
Emily Chandel

The wakame and rice wine vinegar should be easy to find at your local Asian market. Pair this with sushi, sashimi or any other Japanese dish for a refreshing and savory lunch.

30. Black Bean Taco Salad 

vegetable, pepper, tomato, cheese, greek salad, salad
Julia Maguire

There is no such thing as too many taco recipes. This vegetarian spin doesn’t require any fancy equipment and will satisfy any Mexican cravings that come your way.

31. Easy Veggie Filled Pasta Salad 

tomato, vegetable, pasta, sauce
Kellyn Lee

This salad is easy to personalize by using your favorite vegetables or whatever is in season. Make a huge batch so you’re prepped for lunch for the rest of the week. 

These recipes are sure to excite your taste buds and brighten your month, whether you're a salad fanatic or just trying to get your daily minimum of veggies.