It’s the beginning of another semester, which can only mean one thing—Spoon University at Berkeley is recruiting new members to our food-loving team. So why should you join?

1. We talk about food. 

berkeley

Photo by Russell Escalada

Spoon University is an online food publication created by college students to help their fellow students become better acquainted with their infallible friend, food. Spoon brings you everything you want, wanted and will want to know about food—from simple recipes to healthy eating tips (#adultchoices)—all in one, handy place.

Each university chapter also writes about its local food scene with new restaurant reviewsdining hall hacks and restaurant roundups. The fun doesn’t just end online though…

2. We make and eat food.

berkeley

Photo by Rachel Lee

Our team at Berkeley consists of creative chefs, brilliant bakers and, of course, enthusiastic eaters, but we don’t simply come together for our shared desire to eat. We also aim to create a welcoming community of like-minded, food-loving individuals where burgeoning foodies can bond with old-timers, and all of us can come together not just as a publication team, but also as friends.

Over the course of each semester, we always find time to meet up and bake dessertsattend local food festivalsfrequent cat cafés; host events on campus bigsmall, and right in between; and spoon (if you’re so inclined).

And as much as we love eating food together…

3. We teach about food.

berkeley

Illustration by Ashley Ding

Each semester, we take the time to collaborate with food outreach programs on campus and attend local community service days to spread awareness about food justice and sustainability across the Berkeley campus.

So, if you’re a Berkeley student with a mind for writing, editing, photography or business and a mouth for food, then we like you. You can find our application here. Please apply by Friday, September 4, 2015 by 11:59 pm. All applications are to be submitted via email to calspoonuniversity.com.

berkeley

Photo by Julia Liang

If you’d like more information, stop by our booth at Caltopia on Sunday, August 23 and Monday, August 24 from 10am-4pm, where we will be tabling beside our friends at Pacific Cookie Company. Please come by and say hello. Because really, who could say no to free cookies next door?

If you miss us there, you can also find us on Sproul on Wednesday, September 2 at Calapalooza, where you could have a chance to win some of our exclusive Spoon swag. It’s kind of a big dill.

berkeley

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu