When the lines are too long, the food is too greasy, and the options are too familiar in Benson, The Cellar is often where we end up. If you’re not feeling the prepackaged options, these vegan-friendly recipes made with just 3 ingredients each will hit the spot.

Breakfast: Baked Sweet Potato Bowl

vegan

Photo by Rachel Conners

I don’t know if I’m just late to the party, or if it’s a newer trend, but up until this year I didn’t know sweet potatoes for breakfast were a thing. They are, and it’s amazing. Even better, The Cellar is almost always stocked with sweet potatoes, almond butter, and granola, which is all you need to make your sweet potato breakfast bowl possible.

vegan

Poke some holes in your sweet potato, and toss it into a 400° F oven. For softer skin, wrap your potato in foil. For a crispier taste, let it breathe. It will take anywhere from 30 to 50 minutes to bake depending on the size. Use the fork check (if you poke it and it’s soft, you’re good to go) to see when it’s ready. Next, let it cool, drizzle with almond butter, sprinkle with granola and enjoy.

If you’re crunched for time, just poke some holes in your potato and pop in the microwave on high for 6-10 minutes. Sweet potatoes just may be your new vegan holy grail.

Lunch: Avocado Toast

vegan

Photo by Alexa Rojek

Because no day’s worth of vegan meals is complete without avocado toast right? For this easy lunch-on-the-go, all you need is bread, avocado, and chia seeds.

vegan

Photo Courtesy of @emilieeats on Instagram

First, toast your bread (if you don’t have a toaster or don’t want to trek to Benson, just place slices right on your oven rack and broil until desired toastiness – around 10 minutes). Second, spread your cado. Third, generously sprinkle chia seeds on top for some much needed plant-based protein. For what to do with the rest of your chia seeds, check out these breakfast recipes.

Dinner: Chickpea Stew

vegan

Photo Courtesy of www.herbivoracious.com

This delicious dish will satisfy your stomach in less than 10 minutes. Simply slice a zucchini up and sauté on med/high heat until tender. Add in a cup of rinsed and drained chickpeas (it is the year of pulses after all) along with a cup and a half of tomato sauce and simmer at medium heat for 4-5 minutes.

vegan

Seriously that’s all. DIG IN.

Dessert: Nice Cream

vegan

Photo Courtesy of @annabella_vegan on Instagram

This alternative ice cream is better for you than the Ben and Jerry’s stocked in The Cellar, and way better tasting than the soy pints from Safeway. While the cocoa nibs and almond milk may cost you a pretty penny thanks to the jacked up prices, they should last you a while, which means plenty of vegan bang for your buck.

Just follow this simple recipe for vegan banana ice cream, and top it off with some cacao nibs!