We all know that February 29th hardly even counts as a day. I mean it just decides to happen every fourth year? Clearly it thinks it’s better than all of the other 365 days, and honestly I have to agree with this. Let’s think about this logically. If this day only comes along every four years, then we have to eat four times as much on that day.

Say the average person eats 2,000 calories a day, which isn’t accurate. Multiply 2,000 by four, and that makes for a whopping 8,000 calories that you have to consume in order to make up for the three years that you won’t be eating on February 29th. Okay, so maybe that’s not exactly how it works.

However, if you trust my logic and math skills and feel inclined to take on those 8,000 calories (or maybe just want a reason to eat cool foods), then here’s a list of 29 awesome foods you just gotta try.

1. Rainbow Bagels

Photo by Angela Pizzimenti

This isn’t a mind trick. Make your own here.

2. Chai Pancakes

Photo by Alex Furuya

Four ingredients of pure deliciousness.

3. Everything Bagel Pull-Apart Bread

Photo by Elena Besser

Satisfy yourself and your hangry friends this leap year with some more bagel action.

4. Rice Cooker Pancake

Photo by Tiare Brown

Got a rice cooker? Great, now you can eat a pancake big enough for a large family.

5. Secret Ingredient Oatmeal

Photo by Phoebe Melnick

Add some sweetened condensed milk to your oatmeal with this killer recipe.

6. Sushi Burrito

Photo by Judy Holtz

If you aren’t in Oregon to get the Sushirito itself from Unami Sushi & Asian Grill, then buy some seaweed and DIY.

7. Dragon Bowl

epic foods

Photo by Raiselle Swick

A little bit different from an açaí bowl, this guy is blended with pure dragon fruit, or pitaya. Pick one of these up from Raw Juce, or as always, blend your own.

8. Tater Tot Breakfast Pizza

Photo by Audrey Mirabito

In case you were drinking on a Sunday and now need major hangover food on a Monday (I won’t judge). This crazy breakfast pizza will definitely put a hefty dent in your 8000 cals.

9. Macadamia Milk Latte

epic foods

Photo by Raiselle Swick

For all you beverage-loving folks out there, I present the macadamia nut latte. This right here is the almond milk latte’s creamier, less-basic, leap year worthy cousin, and it’s totally delicious. Ask the barista if they have macadamia milk behind the bar, or froth your own at home (in the microwave).

10. Deconstructed Sushi in a Jar

Photo by Gabby Phi

Sushi with a spoon? Fine, if I have to.

11. Pumpkin and Peanut Butter S’mores Bars

Photo by Julia Wilson

In case you still haven’t reached your 8,000 calorie goal, these 11-layer bars are sure to top it off. Consume slowly while contently rubbing your leap year food baby.

12. Chocolate Oatmeal

epic foods

Photo by Raiselle Swick

Simply add dark chocolate, raisins, banana, and your favorite nut butter for a healthy, chocolatey, photogenic breakfast.

13. Greek Quinoa Salad

epic foods

Photo by Raiselle Swick

If you’re still full from breakfast and need a lighter lunch, head to a local smoothie and juice bar, such as Kale Me Crazy, to snatch one of these. Or do it yourself with a recipe like this.

14. Loaded Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Photo courtesy of foodbeast.com

Regular mashed potatoes are so February 28th. Make these instead.

15. Dosa

epic foods

Photo by Raiselle Swick

One bite into this traditional southern Indian pancake and you will be in love. The fermented lentil and rice batter gives it an insane cheesy flavor. Having attempted to make these on my own once, I would suggest you head to your local Indian restaurant and let them show you how it’s done.

16. Sausage and Artichoke Penne

Photo by Emma Danbury

This easy homemade pasta dish is both comforting and edgy, kinda like February 29th. Dig in.

17. Pumpkin Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce

Photo by Becca Miller

This day only comes once every four years, make yourself something nice.

18. Not-so Pesto Pasta

epic foods

Photo by Raiselle Swick

Quite possibly the easiest pasta topping ever, this pesto is healthy and delicious.

19. Pancake Sundae

Photo by Lucy Rubin

Remember, 8,000 calories is hard to achieve. Get one step closer by drowning yourself in this breakfast sundae.

20. Cheese-Encrusted Grilled Cheese

Photo by Kylie Kinder

Okay, seriously why do normal grilled cheeses exist? Who cares if it’s a leap year or not, you should probably eat this sandwich for every meal, every day.

21. French Onion Soup Grilled Cheese

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Who needs to dip their bread in soup when the soup is already in the bread, amirite? Recipe here.

22. Pizza Mac ‘N Cheese

Photo by Tiare Brown

*Heavy breathing.* It doesn’t get any better than this.

23. Korean Tacos

Photo by Benjamin Martin

Tacos and it ain’t even Tuesday.

24. Nutella Wontons

Photo by Jacob Kerbel

Just heat up some oil and get going with this insane recipe.

25. Braided Nutella Bread

Photo by Eileen Wang

More Nutella, more Nutella.

26. Maple Syrup Snow Candy

Photo by Louise Ferrall

Fun to make, but even more fun to eat.

27. Frozen Custard

epic foods

Photo by Raiselle Swick

This delicious custardy take on a DQ Blizzard is totally the new thing. It may be a little difficult to make at home, so head over to a Whit’s or Goodberry’s to get your frozen fix.

28. Deconstructed Sushi in a Bowl

Photo by Katherine Baker

Just stick your sushi in a bowl if you need some more room.

26. Nutella Brownies

Photo by Camille Reisfield

Okay, I’m done. But seriously, this recipe only has three ingredients.