The Original Waffle Shop only exists in two locations in the world and they are both right here in Happy Valley. You very well know this, as it is your weekend haven. You have to feed your addiction. Here are the clear signs:

1. It’s the first and only thing you crave when you wake up after a late night out (PARTAY!).

tom hanks animated GIF

2. You may even have thought out your plan the night before because you take this s*** seriously.

Gif courtesy of Tumblr

3. You have a hate-love relationship with the Shop’s closing at 3 pm.

P1110988

4. …But you will still drag yourself out of bed to just get a piece of that.

waffle

Photo by Armin Nayak

5. When you do get there, you wish you woke up earlier to miss the line and stand in the cold, but WAFFLE SHOP.

disney animated GIF

6. Taking a bus or jumping in the car to get there is worth it.

driving animated GIF

7. And if your friends are not there on time, well that’s too bad for them, ‘cause nothing will stop you (unless your friend is the driver).

lord of the rings animated GIF

8. You don’t eat anything before in case you spoil your appetite, meaning you would rather go there starving than be half-full already.

waffle

Photo by Haley Posner

9. It’s your one, no-fail hangover remedy.

hungover animated GIF

10. Eating here on a weekend morning or afternoon is not breakfast, brunch or lunch. It transcends pre-established mealtimes.

accurate animated GIF

11. You consider all other coffee places a rip-off (cough Starbucks cough) cause in this shop, coffee refills are FREE.

waffle

Photo by Sofia Westin

12. Choosing between waffles or pancakes is a serious life decision.

confused animated GIF

13. But having cream on that is NOT.

waffle

Photo by Sofia Westin

14. Ordering an omelette with a side of pancakes, home fries, bacon and scrambled eggs is the baseline.

waffle

Photo by Sofia Westin

15. You feel the power in choosing from maple to blueberry to strawberry syrup.

breakfast animated GIF

16. You give the stink eye to anyone who doesn’t order something made in a pan (umm, you’re getting a salad?).

waffle animated GIF

17. You love the servers who are so friendly and ask so kindly if you want anything else.

waffle

Photo by Armin Nayak

18. I mean, they greet you with coffee-in-hand!

None animated GIF

19. You take your parents here on Parents’ Weekend (or whenever they visit) because it’s a Penn State tradition requirement. And you neither have to drive nor pay for it.

happy animated GIF

20. You consider the “other Waffle Shop” downtown to be a fake (and here’s why).

waffle

Photo by Armin Nayak

21. You may be looked upon as an addict, as you know you are, but going to the Original Waffle Shop is your weekend tradition. So order your five plates and get to eating!

food animated GIF

Think you have more addictions? You can start checking here: