The month of Adar is upon us and that can only mean one thing: hamantaschen. For the Purim newbies, hamantaschen are triangle-shaped cookies with various fillings. Classic hamantaschen will have either a jelly or poppyseed center (sometimes chocolate if you’re lucky), but it’s time to kick it up a notch.

Using any hamantaschen recipe, you can easily swap out a boring filling for some of these crazy, creative ones. These modern spins are sure to make your mishloach manot the bomb.

1. Funfetti and Nutella

hamantaschen

Photo courtesy of @mdoughw on Instagram

Nutella is the world’s best filling for anything, and everything’s better with sprinkles. By mixing sprinkles into the batter, your hamantaschen will instantly look and taste way better.

2. Dunkaroo

hamantaschen

Photo courtesy of @dinidelivers on Instagram

Get all nostalgic by stuffing your hamantaschen with homemade Dunkaroo icing.

3. Double Chocolate

hamantaschen

Photo courtesy of @danielleco87 on Instagram

Make it super decadent by whipping up a chocolate cookie batter and stuffing it with even more chocolate.

4. Strawberry Cheesecake

hamantaschen

Photo courtesy of @listentothefoodalready on Instagram

Class it up with strawberry cheesecake hamantaschen. Use this cream cheese filling recipe and then throw in some strawberry jam.

5. Pop Tart

hamantaschen

Photo courtesy of @kosherinthekitch on Instagram

Yaassss. This is a food hybrid we should all be doing. Instead of leaving a place for a filling, cut out 2 dough triangles and put the Pop Tart filling of your choice in the middle. Use a fork to close the Pop Tart and when they’re ready and cooled, finish them off with that classic Pop Tart glaze.

6. Fruity Pebbles

hamantaschen

Cereal goes with just about anything, so why not stuff ’em in your hamantaschen? Throw some glaze on that too and you’ve got a cereal and milk thing going on.

7. Apple Pie

hamantaschen

Photo by Jordana Colomby

Cut up small chunks of apple and toss them in some cinnamon, wrap it up in that dough and let the oven work its magic.

8. Cannoli

hamantaschen

Photo courtesy of @jntgoldstein on Instagram

Who says Purim can’t go Italian? Once the shell is baked, fill it with whipped ricotta cheese and top it with crushed pistachios and a chocolate drizzle.

9. Cookie Dough

hamantaschen

Photo courtesy of @elizabethrose5 on Instagram

Everything is instantly better with cookie dough. After baking a shell, jam the center full of chocolate chip cookie dough. Here’s a recipe for eggless cookie dough so you don’t feel sick after scarfing down five of these bad boys.

10. Chocolate Chip

hamantaschen

Photo courtesy of @mdoughw on Instagram

If you’re a plain chocolate chip cookie kinda person, this one’s for you. You can actually just use any old chocolate chip cookie dough and turn it into hamantaschen by folding in the corners and choosing the filling of your choice (probably chocolate).

11. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip

hamantaschen

Photo by Jordana Colomby

Classic combo. Guaranteed to satisfy.

12. Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs

hamantaschen

Fruity pebbles didn’t do it for ya? Try the same thing but with Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs. Give it a drizzle of real peanut butter and chocolate at the end.

13. Lindt Truffles

hamantaschen

Photo by Jordana Colomby

There’s nothing more decadent than a Lindt chocolate truffle. Choose your favourite flavour and watch the creamy center ooze as it bakes.

14. M&M

hamantaschen

Photo by Jordana Colomby

You don’t wanna burn the M&Ms, so bake the hamantaschen without any filling. Throw in the M&Ms in right when the cookies get out of the oven so they melt just a little.

15. Ice Cream

hamantaschen

Photo courtesy of @mandyliciouschallah on Instagram

Obviously you can’t put these in the oven, but if you bake the hamantaschen without a filling you can load it with ice cream once it’s all cooled.

16. Maple Bacon

hamantaschen

Photo by Jordana Colomby

Kosher Jews, look away. Maple bacon is everywhere right now. It’s in cupcakes, donuts, tarts, so why not hamantaschen? So, if you’re not set on the whole kosher thing, try this one out.

17. Pretzel and Chocolate

hamantaschen

The salty and sweet craze is on the rise, and for a good reason. It’s crazy good. Pretzels add just the right crunch and saltiness to the sweet cookie.

18. PB & J

hamantaschen

socalsustenance.blogspot.com

The OG flavor combo. Can’t go wrong.

19. Brownie

hamantaschen

Photo by Jordana Colomby

Nothing adds that ooey gooey chocolatey goodness like a good ol’ hunk of brownie.