Let me start by saying I’m not a huge fan of rap. It’s just not my thing. But once in a while, I enjoy a good Beastie Boys throwback or Eminem song. One thing I do know about rap is that a lot of the lyrics talk about sex, drugs and money. Another more unexpected theme is, you guessed it, food. Don’t believe me? Check out the songs in the videos below from your fave rappers. The lyrics are included so you can sing along shamelessly.

Beastie Boys – Challah Bread

rap

Photo by Emily Kurtz

Song: “3 the Hard Way”

Line: “Oops, gotcha, clutch like Piazza/Sneak between the sheets to hide the matzo/Holler back challah bread… Next.”

The Beastie Boys are three Jewish dudes from Brooklyn, New York, so chowing down on some challah bread is a must.

Big Pun – Sharks

rap

Photo courtesy of alicekeysmd.wordpress.com

Song: “Banned from TV”

Line: “Champagne on the rocks, rockin’ a Fort Knox Lazarus/Shark salad with carrots, pork chops, and applesauce.”

I can totally get behind the pork chops but an actual shark in my salad? That’s a no go. Candy ones? Yes.

Busta Rhymes – Candy Bars

rap

Photo by Mayra Maradiaga

Song: “Hot Fudge”

Line: “Yo, it’s been predicted, ever since I was a child/Getting addicted to candy bars I was still wicked.”

There are many things people get addicted to. Chocolate addiction is probably the only one I would condone. Make it dark chocolate and feel good about yo’self too.

Drake – Scallops

rap

Photo courtesy of carolinainn.com

Song: “The Ride”

Line: “And you do dinners at French Laundry in Napa Valley/ Scallops and glasses of Dolce, that shit’s right up your alley.”

Scallops is the fancy ass fish for those of us who have french kissed Madonna made it.

Fat Tony – Kit Kat

rap

Photo by Katherine Baker

Song: ‘U Ain’t Fat”

Line: “I was once a chubby brat/Chillin’ with my mom, buying jeans off the husky rack/Skipping collard greens and beans for a Kit Kat.”

So “Fat Tony” ain’t fat, but he calls himself “Fat Tony”? If you want to skip the collard greens as well try making this candy bar recipe.

Ice-T – Chicken Nuggets

rap

Photo courtesy of newyorkfamily.com

Song: “Fried Chicken”

Line: “Yo, you give me some of that damn fried chicken/Oh yea, oh yea, this sound kinda nice man alright.”

In the words of my fave vlogger, Matt Bellassai, we’re all just trying to turn money into chicken nuggets. Or fried chicken nuggets.

Juelz Santana & Lil Wayne – Hor d’oeuvres

rap

Photo by Maddie Lanier

Song: “You Ain’t Got Nothing”

Line: “Haven’t you all heard/Y’all all herbs /I stick toothpicks in y’all hor d’oeuvres.”

I just picture Lil Wayne in a server’s uniform serving me pigs in a blanket, mom, I made it.

Kanye West – Croissants

rap

Photo by Kana Hamamoto

Song: “I Am a God”

Line: “In a French ass restaurant, Hurry up with my damn croissant.”

What kind of French restaurant doesn’t have their croissants ready to go? Step up your game, Kanye.

LL Cool J – Cereal

rap

Photo by Sydney Davis

Song: “Milky Cereal”

Line: “Then there was Pebbles, times was rough/ She was turning Trix, to get a Cocoa Puff.”

I see what you did there. Cocoa Puff’s ftw hands down.

Meek Mill – PB&J French Toast

rap

Photo by Alex Vu

Song: “Dreams Worth More Than Money (Freestyle)”

Line: “It’s levels to this sh*t dog, won’t believe my life/Peanut butter jelly on a French toast, eating right.”

According to Rap Genius, “Meek gives reasons as to why you won’t believe his life. Although he is worth a lot of money, he still likes to eat simple food such as peanut butter and jelly on top of some nice, stuffed french toast.” All I can say is PB&J French Toast sounds freaking delicious. You can make it here.

NAS – Fried Chicken

rap

Photo by Alexandra Wee

Song: “Fried Chicken” Untitled

Line: “Mmm … Fried chicken, fly vixen/ Give me heart disease but need you in my kitchen.”

I think NAS was trying to compare vixen’s to fried chicken. Too much of either is bad for the heart. Wise words.

Notorious B.I.G. – Welch’s Grape & Sardines

rap

Photo by Caitlin Shoemaker

Song: “Big Poppa”

Line: “Go fill my belly/A T-bone steak, cheese eggs, and Welch’s grape”

Steak, eggs, and grape jelly together sound horrific. It’s like the worst possible basket for Chopped.

Song: “Juicy”

Line: “Born sinner, the opposite of a winner/ Remember when I used to eat sardines for dinner.”

I actually googled if sardines are expensive. It totally depends on the brand, you can get a can for as low as $3 and as high as $80.

Puff Daddy – Raw food

rap

Photo by Aurelie Corinthios

Song: “It’s All About the Benjamins”

Line: “Yeah, living the raw deal, three-course meal/ Spaghetti, fettuccine, and veal.”

Obviously, Puff Daddy does not know the definition of Paleo or the raw food diet.

Rick Ross – Lobster bisque

rap

Photo courtesy of gizmodo.com

Song: “I Love My Bitches”

Line: “Am I really just a narcissist/’Cause I wake up to a bowl of lobster bisque?”

As as plump individual, Rick Ross isn’t shy when it comes to food. Too many songs of his included lines about food but I limited myself to two.

Song: “Blood Money”

Line: “Far from peaches and cream/ni**as deceased on the scene.”

You won’t be seeing any sweet southern-inspired deserts in this music video.

The Sugarhill Gang – Toast

rap

Photo by Alvin Zhou

Song: “Rappers Delight”

Line: “I don’t mean to brag, I don’t mean to boast/But we like hot butter on your breakfast toast.”

So Wonder Mike raps this line. This was probably unintentional but WONDER Mike. Toast. Bread. Wonder Bread. Also, butter on toast is so 2003. You can even make your own ricotta toast, recipe here.

Tupac – Barbeque

rap

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Song: “Dopefiend’s Diner”

Line: “Got the munchies for some soul food/ So we stopped to get a bite to eat/At the local barbecue.”

Tupac knows the munchies are real.

50 Cent – Cake

rap

Photo by Emma Delaney

Song: “21 Questions”

Line: “I love you like a fat kid love cake/You know my style, I say anything to make you smile.”

50 Cent is such a romantic. He’ll make fun of a fat kid just to see your grin. How to really make me smile? Give me a piece of that cake.