She graces my Instagram feed on a daily basis, amid the hundreds of Labradoodle and foodie accounts that I follow. One of the reasons I love Marnie the dog so much (besides, like, everything) is because she loves food just as much as I do.
Here are 17 times Marnie understood your relationship with food on a real level.
1. She knows you can’t watch a movie without popcorn.
It’s basically illegal to go to the movies without buy some noms. Check out these recipes for your next dorm room movie night.
2. She believes wine drunk is the best drunk.
Science might prove me wrong, but I firmly believe every type of alcohol gets you a different kind of drunk. And wine is obviously best.
3. She supports the fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Take it from Marnie: breakfast is essential.
4. She knows more snaxxxx=more productive.
No one goes to the library without a full pack of snacks these days.
5. Pizza gets her through tough days.
Pizza gets me through life.
6. She has the same #basic sushi urges that you do.
Raw fish all day, every day.
7. Brunch is the highlight of her weekend.
Millennials love brunch. Bottomless mimosas and bloodies—what more could we ask for?
8. She loves Mexican food almost as much as you love Chipotle.
And she’ll help you hack the Chipotle menu.
9. She knows fruit is a major part of the food pyramid.
Orange you glad Marnie loves fruit?
If I could stick my face in a piece of bread, I would. #noragrets
11. She knows you only go grocery shopping when your parents visit you.
TBH, I haven’t been to the grocery store in months (hi, Mom).
12. It’s acceptable for her to bathe in donuts, while you can only dream of it.
Please help me make this a reality.
13. She tries to eat healthy every once in awhile.
Remember that diet you tried for a week last month? Marnie won’t judge.
14. She’s all about #foodporn abroad.
I mean, why else do people study abroad?
15. She loves the farmer’s market.
And she’s just as sad as you are that the season is over.
16. Popsicles cool are her favorite way to stay cool.
Are you aware that alcoholic popsicles exist? Get on that, ASAP.
17. She is basically you.
To the bars, Marnie. To the bars.