Now that October is over and we have cured our Halloween hangovers, we can finally focus on the most important food holiday of the year: Thanksgiving. While most of us get stoked on the food, the football and the post-dinner nap, the holidays also come with a healthy dose of awkward family interactions and fighting the urge not to fight someone over the last roll. Here are the 17 struggles (and triumphs) all college kids face when coming home for Thanksgiving dinner.
1) When your extended family rolls up in the driveway.
2) And then your mom asks you to set the table.
3) You decide this is the perfect time to sneak in some wine before things get too crazy.
4) And now it’s FINALLY time to sit down and eat.
5) Oh but wait, someone decides we should all go around the table to say what we’re thankful for.
6) That first glorious bite.
7) And when you realize green bean casserole is actually amazing…
8) So then you attempt to eat the canned cranberry sauce.
9) And just when you’re about to get up to check out the dessert table, someone asks how school is going…
10) And then everyone wants to talk about how college was “back in the day.”
11) And while you’re forced to take this painful walk down memory lane, someone eats the last roll.
12) But that’s okay ‘cuz when you see the dessert table you’re like,
13) And then someone asks if you want another piece of pie.
14. And after you eat that pie someone comments on how much you’ve eaten.
15) But who cares what they say because you finished your plate and you’re proud!
16) But then you’re not so proud trying to move from the table to the couch.
17) You’ve made it, now just resist the urge to vomit.
Other GIF posts to check out: